Inside Sales Representative – US
Opportunity and challenges
We are looking to assemble a team of best-in-class, innovative and passionately impatient people. We want to gather their talents and skills to achieve one goal: unlock the power of “DNA-write”. We offer the opportunity of joining a dynamic, international, and highly skilled team in a pioneering startup. Our SYNTAX DNA Synthesis platforms not only have the potential to change the way the world makes and uses synthetic DNA, but also to accelerate the rate of discovery by delivering upon the promise of same-day results.
This is an opportunity to join a rapidly growing company and to have a large impact on developing a technology that will have a far-reaching impact across biological sciences.
The Inside Sales Representative manages the customer sales process for products, accounts and/or sales opportunities via phone and e-mail. Includes generating qualified sales leads, qualifying new opportunities, guiding customers to products that best meet their needs, coordinating with internal team to address customer questions/objections, providing budgetary pricing, and collaborating with the field sales team on closing the sales.
- Demonstrates technical credibility to consult with customers on technology solutions.
- Independently establishes and executes on strategies for obtaining new customers and maintains/grows existing customer accounts in order to meet and exceed revenue goals.
- Helps specific sales team to meet sales targets, provide accurate forecasting, and in maintaining lead, opportunity, and customer information in the CRM database.
- Activities include further qualifying in-bound marketing qualified leads, engaging with existing customers and qualified sales leads, guiding customers to the products that best meet needs, coordinating with internal team to address customer questions or objections, providing budgetary pricing, creating and submitting individualized quotes and closing the sales process through the point of order receipt.
- Makes outbound contact to prospective customers to identify sales opportunities.
- Takes an analytical approach towards executing optimal solutions for an issue or opportunity.
- Has the ability to learn, change, and gain from each experience to become more effective in subsequent sales scenarios.
- Works effectively in a team environment to drive and create revenue opportunities.
- Start-up mind-set.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related field; or the equivalent knowledge and experience.
- 2+ years of experience in a Life Science laboratory in one of the following fields (qPCR, NGS, genetic testing, synthetic biology), with or without prior sales experience.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly grasp and master highly technical concepts and articulate them well to others
- Exceptional listening, verbal and written communication skills. Ability to articulate well and think quick on your fee
- Strong desire to win business and establish long term customer relationships.
- Extensive knowledge of Molecular biology techniques.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and CRM database required.
- Phone interview with the hiring manager
- Day interview with manager, HR, cofounders and the team
- References Check
- Timing: 2-3 weeks