Director/Sr. Director, Human Resources
Director/Sr. Director, Human Resources
Human Resources - San Diego, CA - Full Time
PacBio is seeking an experienced Director/Sr. Director, Human Resources leader who will be an influential leader. Working closely with our Chief People Officer and Senior Leadership team, you will provide consultation and expertise to leaders on the areas of; Workforce Planning; Performance Management; and Employee Relations.
The Director develops and executes the human resource strategy in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of the company. This position is responsible for promoting a work environment that exemplifies the company's mission and values. This role serves as a cultural leader and role model that embodies the company values with special emphasis on overcoming the impossible and exceeding expectations. Additionally, this position maintains and enhances the organization's human resources department by planning, implementing, and evaluating human resources policies, programs, and practices.
How will you make an impact?
The HR Director is a strategic business partner to the leaders and their teams to translate business strategy into a detailed HR strategy and plan. This includes using HR solutions which are both creative and thought leading as it relates to the business group. This role will support the leaders' goals to hire, engage, develop, and retain top talent and build the organizational capabilities required for short and long-term business success. This position is a part of the organization's HR/People team.
What will you do?
- Understands the company mission and performs all duties in line with corporate values.
- Provide focused, business-minded HR leadership to the business and is part of its success by translating business vision and strategy into an executable people strategy.
- Leads by example through the tactful expression of opinions, always with an eye towards providing productive solutions.
- Sets a positive tone for employee communications.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in conferences and educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Develops human resources operations financial strategies by estimating, forecasting, and anticipating requirements, trends, and variances.
- Manages the HR staff
- Coaches and mentors employees, managers, and HR team members; provides motivation and growth opportunities for optimum engagement and performance.
Compliance and Records Management
- Ensures compliance and adherence to all applicable laws and regulation, company policies and procedures.
- Communicates changes in personnel policies and procedures and ensures proper compliance is followed.
Employee Lifecycle Support
- Leads and contributes to long-term talent development, retention, and succession planning.
- Provide excellent internal customer service and support on all employment related matters.
- Develops robust talent management plans and drives culture change initiatives to attract, retain, develop, and engage talent in critical roles.
- Supports and collaborates with leadership by providing human resource direction, advice, and counsel regarding employee growth and management.
- Facilitates performance review process that aligns company values and business objectives with employee professional and personal goals.
- Recommends and implements procedures to manage turnover.
- Consults with legal counsel as appropriate on personnel matters.
Learning and Development
- Responsible for identifying, assessing and developing, training and development needs across the organization.
- Oversees the training of individuals or groups of employees.
- Coordinate management training in interviewing, selection, terminations, promotions, performance management, and employee relations training.
Other duties, as assigned.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, & EXPERIENCE:
- Required: BA/BS
- Preferred: MA/MS
- 10+ years' of demonstrable experience in progressive leadership HR roles with strong working knowledge of all key functional areas of people, process and tools; such as employee relations, compensation/benefits, training and development
- HR experience in the life sciences/pharmaceutical/biotechnology/medical device/medical diagnostic industry is highly preferred
- Experience as a strategic business driver with credibility as a trusted advisor and confidant to senior management
- Ability to anticipate people or leadership changes needed
- Has a track record of positive results contributing to the growth and bottom-line profitability of an organization while driving cultural change
- Ability to develop positive, professional relationships with senior leadership and peers in a heavily matrixed environment
- Self-motivated with bias for action
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality, act with a high level of tact, diplomacy, discretion and emotional intelligence
- Strong project management skills with ability to execute on short and long term deliverables
- Ability to handle contending priorities
- A strategic problem solver, who uses data and analytics to inform decision making and leadership coaching
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.