Principal Automation Engineer
Posted Title: Senior Automation EngineerAre you eager to take your software development, automation engineering and team leadership skills and use them to create new digital automated processes? Would you like to work for a team that is continuously simplifying processes and building automation to advance our business of life-changing biotech medicines? Amgen is using the latest technologies in the cloud computing Infrastructure, ML/AI algorithms, robotic automation, DevSecOps practices, Platform as a Service, and other modern automation technologies to build new drug therapies for patients that address grievous illnesses.We are seeking a Senior Automation Engineer leader to fill a position in Amgen's Process Simplification and Automation team. Our teams are group of high-energy, motivated doers that want to improve the lives of our partners through continuous productivity improvement via the use of automation software technologies.Job Responsibilities
- Build out automation engineering practices, standards, community by provide technical leadership to engineers creating a new culture around the automation demeanour
- Lead development on high profile and complex automation projects to ensure quality and timely delivery of projects by working closely with the cross functional team members (software development, business, IS, etc.)
- Lead selected efforts to design, build, and develop rapid Proof-of-Concept (POC) automated solutions and services. Quickly and iteratively prove or disprove the concepts being considered.
- Work with process subject matter experts (SMEs) to understand key process requirements and transform them into digital automated solutions
- Be constantly curious and feed your passion and interests in groundbreaking technology. Use your given time to look for new, innovative and automated ways to do business differently, better, and more cost effectively.
- Collaborate with business partners to understand how automation can improve workflow and productivity
- Synthesize requirements from clients, customers or end-users to develop the best automation solutions.
- Work closely with other teams and Process Engineers to identify, stop, simplify business process waste to codify into automated solutions and platforms.
- MS or PhD in computer science or related field
- 3 - 5 years experience designing, developing, deploying, and operating automated solutions across SaaS, Cloud, On-prem and custom software developed platforms
- Experience doing full stack development including infrastructure cloud services (Storage, VMs, Network, etc.) as well as application and user experience in a continuous CI/CD pipeline environment
- Experience in and certifications for leading automation software platforms (e.g., UiPath, Automation Anywhere, etc.)
- Experience with development and deployment of robotic process automation and other intelligent automation technology solutions
- Experience in building machine learning, OCR and NLP solutions
- Data analysis and reporting experience by using analytics, visualization and database technologies (PL SQL, Spotfire, Tableau, Python NumPy, SciPy, Pandas)
- Expertise with translating business requirements to technical requirements and recommend solutions for automation
- Experience in relational database fundamentals
- Solid understanding of native cloud computing, design, development and security patterns for AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Willing and able to learn new technologies at a rapid pace
- Possess knowledge of functional support systems (e.g., Workday, SFDC, SAP)
- Ability to quickly assimilate knowledge of new platforms, languages, tools and technologies
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.Amgen requires all staff in the United States and Puerto Rico to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.