Senior IS Engineer VMware & Linux Admin
VMware & Linux Admin
We are seeking a Senior IS Engineer to join the Global Infrastructure Services group. The incumbent will be responsible for all activities related to VMware & Unix and will play a key role in supporting theThousand Oaks California Manufacturingsite as well as incorporating new technologies under the challenge of a complex and fast-changing technology landscape. The successful candidate for this position will be located at our Thousand Oaks, California manufacturing site. TheSenior IS Engineerwill report to the Senior Manager of Information Systems.Key Activities for the Senior IS Engineer will include:
- Support the Service Owner, peer FTEs, and managed service provider in the development, delivery, and continuous improvement of the technology service, ensuring the offering is aligned with the key principles of service ownership.
- Perform administrative and operational support tasks on VMware and Unix OS platforms.
- Perform operational support as required and systems maintenance in accordance with solutions standard methodologies and Change Management policies.
- Ensure business continuity during critical production issues and ensure the problem management process is optimally followed for root cause, corrective actions, and preventative actions.
- Ability to participate in on-call rotation supporting a 24x7 critical environment
- Consistently deliver results aligned with departmental and program goals.
- Provide technical expertise and improve solutions and resource utilization based on industry standards and global standard methodologies.
- Provides performance analysis and tune systems while utilizing software and hardware tools to identify, analyze, and diagnose complex problems and factors affecting performance
- Identify and evaluate technology/business trends and competing products to improve the products ability to deliver business outcomes
- Contribute to the design, documentation, and execution of disaster recovery activities and associated tests
- Drive continuous improvement in the IS infrastructure processes as well as platform life cycle management in alignment with regulatory and manufacturing requirements.
- Deliver progress reports and presentations ensuring that management is aware of the current status, progress and future needs.
- 15% Travel may be required.
Bachelors degree and 2 years of IS Operations experience
Associates degree and 6 years of IS Operations experience
High school diploma / GED and 8 years of IS Operations experience
- Educational background in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering
- Experience with virtualization technologies for a global enterprise, vendor certifications preferred
- Experience in running and administering Unix operating systems, and related services & monitoring systems
- Scripting and ITIL experience and running regulated systems (preferably in Pharma sector)
- Understanding of operating system and network tools for solving performance issues
- Working knowledge of Clustering and HA configurations
- Excellent analytical and problem solving, communication and presentation skills
- Experience working with regulations such as SOX, Information Privacy, FDA cGxP controlled environment and 21 CFR Part 11 regulations
- Experience with Windows Operating systems from a system administrator perspective
- Outstanding troubleshooting ability
- Experience with command-line style management utilities, such as vMA/PowerCLI/bash/Ansible
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
Vast opportunities to learn, develop, and move up and across our global organization. Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where colleagues are empowered to bring ideas to the table, take risks, and act.
Generous Amgen Total Rewards Plan comprising healthcare, finance, wealth and career benefits. Flexible work arrangements.
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing, and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like sophisticated human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and uses its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve peoples lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the worlds leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.Amgen requires all staff in the United States and Puerto Rico to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.