Manager Supply Chain
Under direction of SUS Category Sr. Manager, this Manager Supply Chain position will manage and/or participate in multiple cross-functional initiatives leading to improvement of supply chain management for Single-use systems (SUS).
- Leads Early Engagement Sourcing program with SUS suppliers and key stakeholders within manufacturing, PD, ETA design network, Supplier Quality, and Specification Development group to ensure new SUS materials are on-boarded to meet Amgen business needs and production schedules
- Leads design of new SUS consumables with SUS suppliers and process teams including review technical drawings to verify design meets URS requirements, identify alternative components, and coordinate prototype testing and/or other qualification activities with site.
- Leads SUS category goals and continuous improvement projects of medium complexity to optimize single use systems (SUS) at Amgen including qualification of alternative components
- Ability to manage SUS suppliers of low to medium complexity to drive initiatives to improve reliability and ensure quality, cost, and delivery of products
- Coordinates category team meetings, drafts meeting content, generates meeting minutes, and tracks meeting actions through completion
- Performs detailed review of on-time delivery data and partners with site supply chain functions to ensure data accuracy
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge and proficiency in the use of project management tools
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects of medium to high complexity simultaneously within dynamic environment under timeline constraints
- Requires high attention to detail and time management skills
- Communicates effectively with cross-functional team
- Masters Degree OR
- Bachelors Degree and 2 years of Supply Chain, Manufacturing or Operations experience. OR
- Associates degree and 6 years of Supply Chain, Manufacturing or Operations experience. OR
- High school diploma/GED and 8 years of Supply Chain, Manufacturing or Operations experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Life Sciences, Supply Chain Management, Operations, Finance and/or Business.
- Project management experience in a lead role (define, approve, develop milestones and metrics; oversee budget).
- Ability to learn new tasks, functions and responsibilities quickly
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Analytical reasoning and creative problem-solving ability
- Effective written and oral communication/presentation skills
- Strong project management skills
- Good negotiation and facilitation skills
- Ability to operate in a team or matrixed environment
- Advanced skills using Amgen systems such as SAP, Microsoft Office Suite, EDMQ, QMTS and data visualization software (Tableau, Power BI, Spotfire)
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.Amgen requires all staff in the United States and Puerto Rico to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.