Scientist - Structural Biologist
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Scientist Structural Biologist - Induced Proximity PlatformLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will be a part of Amgens Induced Proximity Platform (IPP). The IPP is charged with developing Amgens newest drug modality aimed at Targeted Protein Degradation, including discovery of PROTACs and molecular GLUEs. The IPP takes innovative, cross-discipline approaches, including targeted protein degradation, to tackle the toughest targets. The IPP is seeking a creative, emerging scientific leader to discover and develop novel therapies for cancer and other therapeutic areas.
- Lead a project to support discovery and development of novel therapeutic modalities based on Targeted Protein Degradation.
- Work closely with the Structural Biology program and be responsible for structure determination of target molecules using cryo-electron microscopy and X-ray crystallography. The candidate will be working closely with molecular biologists and protein biochemists in the protein expression group.
- Interact directly with both small molecule and large molecule scientists including computational scientists, medicinal chemists, and protein engineers.
- Flexible to apply her/his knowledge to new areas of study, thrive in a highly collaborative environment with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Inform departmental goals and strategy and will represent the department in various cross-functional activities including academic collaborations, external research evaluations, project teams, and scientific committees.
- Set project goals and timelines, design, perform and analyze experiments, interact with team members across different departments and research sites, and communicate and present data to department leadership.
- Expected to contribute to the scientific community through conference presentations and impactful publications.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The Scientific professional we seek is an emerging leader with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications
Doctorate degree OR
Masters degree and 4 years of Structural Biology experiencePreferred Qualifications
- Ph.D in Structural Biology
- Postdoc research experience in large macromolecular complexes and/or membrane proteins.
- Experience in single particle cryo-EM workflow including grid freezing and screening, data collection and processing, three-dimensional reconstruction and model building.
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art protein structural biology techniques including all aspects of construct design, expression, purification, characterization, crystallization, structure determination and analysis.
- Excellent presentation skills (written and oral) for effective team-based communication of results.
- Ability to work independently and effectively within timelines and to collaborate in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Skills in managing multiple projects and capability to prioritize.
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.