Principal IS Architect - Manufacturing Information & Technology Systems
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
Principal IS Architect - Manufacturing Information & Technology Systems
Candidates must be open to relocating to the Columbus, OH area at a future date. Please note there is also a second position for an additional site for which the location has not yet been announced.Live
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will be accountable for developing and continuously aligning the site manufacturing data ecosystem with rapidly changing business needs and Amgen IS technical roadmaps. They will support complex and exciting IS initiatives that require understanding of analytical problem-solving techniques, project management, lifecycle management and Operational Excellence.
This role is required to possess strong domain expertise in Manufacturing Information/Data Management and technical experience in database and data historian technologies and integration tools. This candidate is expected be proficient and enthusiastic in the areas of Industry 4.0 / Smart Manufacturing and leveraging data and digital technologies to transform manufacturing operations.Responsibilities:
- Own and craft the design and technology of the Manufacturing Information & Technology ecosystem.
- Partner with the business partners and other architects to develop a vision and multi-year roadmap for the advancement and lifecycle management of the applications.
- Collaborate with the service owners, support teams and the application run management to maintain and support the systems.
- Lead and support the execution of a varied portfolio of IS projects with appropriate portfolio planning, resource and risk management and financial management for the portfolio.
- Shaping Amgen's future Keep track of industry and technology trends, connect and foster external networking opportunities to deliver valuable insight from other similar professionals in our industry.
- Performs cross system analysis, feasibility analysis, scope projects, prioritize deliverables, and recommend optimal solution. Manage multiple initiatives and priorities
- Effectively manage relationships with IS service owners, business partners, enterprise IS service partners, and vendors
- Communicates with multiple levels within the organization, highlighting issues and proposing solutions.
- Accountable to elicit and analyze needs identified by business stakeholders and convert them into functional design.
- Travel: Domestic and international travel up to 25% might be essential
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The highly-motivated professional we seek is a creative architect who can lead the design and deployment of Manufacturing Information & Technology Systems in the areas of data collection, historian, integration, batch reporting & AI driven advance analytics for a new manufacturing facility in the United States, incorporating the latest digital advancements in alignment with Industry 4.0 / Smart Manufacturing principles.Basic Qualifications:
Doctorate degree and 2 years of information systems or engineering experienceOr
Masters degree and 6 years of information systems or engineering experienceOr
Bachelors degree and 8 years of information systems or engineering experienceOr
Associates degree and 10 years of information systems or engineering experienceOr
High School diploma / GED and 12 years of information systems or engineering experiencePreferred Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Information Systems
- 8+ years experience in a manufacturing environment with 5+ years of demonstrated ability in the Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology industries
- Strong experience in methods and technologies to support Manufacturing Data integrations (e.g. SQL, Web Services/messaging, data mapping)
- 5+ years combined experience with the following product platforms: Data Historian and/or MES and/or Automation/Control Systems and/or laboratory systems and/or IS platforms
- Familiarity with industry standards for software development life cycle methodologies and 21 CFR Part 11
- Experience with validation and change control methodology
- Hands-on experience with computerized systems including troubleshooting, reliability and performance improvements
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work collaboratively in a team-based environment
- Ability to lead multiple tasks and effectively set priorities
- Strong computer skills and possess the ability to apply science-based thinking to practical applications
- Upbeat, innovative and technically-minded individual!
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States and Puerto Rico to be vaccinated from COVID-19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.