Temp R&D Associate (Immuno-Oncology)
We are seeking a temp R&D Associate–Immuno-Oncology to join the the Immune & Inflammatory Disease Department at Regeneron. We are seeking a highly motivated candidate to work on exciting immune-oncology projects from novel target discovery to lead Ab selection and to clinical development in our state-of-the-art research facility. The main responsibilities will be to support the workflow of target validation, in vivo model development, Ab characterization using in vitro and in vivo model systems, and preclinical biomarker discovery. Additionally, you will support immune profiling projects with primary human tumor samples.
As a temp R&D Associate - Immuno-Oncology, a typical day may include the following:
- Perform in vitro and in vivo studies to validate novel target expression and biological functions in physiological and tumor settings.
- Perform in vitro biochemical and cell-based assays (ELISA/MSD, high dimensional flow cytometry studies, immune cell proliferation assay, cytokine assay, cytotoxicity assay, and immunofluorescence imaging assay in some cases)
- Develop cell-based functional assays using engineered cell lines and primary cells
- Test antibodies in preclinical tumor models (implant tumors and monitor tumor growth; collect blood for flow cytometry or MSD analysis; perform necropsy and harvest/processing various tissues/organs for further flow cytometry and IHC analysis)
- Develop new tumor models to support new tumor targets (for example, mouse syngeneic tumor models and human xenograft tumor models)
- Test new technology platform to further understand the target biology or mechanism of the action of the drug
- Analyze data, troubleshoot experiments, provide accurate summary to the management, present in group meetings, conference and contribute to publications
- Maintain complete, accurate, and timely record of experiments and data analysis
- Manage and organize data from a large number of studies and projects
- Communicate and collaborate to achieve shared project goals
This role may be for you if:
- You have strong organizational, time-management, and presentation skills
- You want to create innovative solutions to challenging problems
- You have excellent communication skills in presentation and coordination
- You want to be an active participant of teamwork within the Immune and Inflammatory department and collaborations with cross-functional groups
- You are a fast learner
- You want to advance your career by expanding your knowledge and skill sets in a cutting-edge environment
To be considered for this role, you must have a BS/MS in immunology, biology, molecular biology, biochemistry, cell biology and a minimum of 2-5 years of experience working in academia or industry. We are seeking an individual skilled in immune cell-based assays, high dimensional flow cytometry technology, cell culture techniques, and mouse tumor models. A strong background in immunology, in vivo mouse techniques and flow cytometry experience is required. We would be willing to train on any additional skill sets. Knowledge in molecular biology and cancer cell biology is a plus. Incumbent should have experience in designing well-controlled experiments that can provide reliable results and should be able to analyze data and extract conclusions. Support the increasing and exciting unmet demand for new target identification and expanding IO pipeline projects.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.