Sutro Biopharma, Inc. is looking for a motivated and talented buyer to join our team. The ideal candidate will plan, schedule, and monitor the movement of materials, equipment, and services through the production cycle of the R&D department and corporate facility to determine required materials. The role will create R&D and Facility schedules, maintain inventory, equipment, and services at planned levels. Additionally, they will monitor costs, schedules and scopes of all commodities and subcontractors to assure best quality at best value. This is a 6-month temporary position, extendable based on business needs.
- Purchase materials and services at the least possible cost to support the R&D and Corporate facility.
- Source new vendors and evaluate vendor performance quarterly.
- Adhere to and enforce Sutro’s hierarchal purchasing policies and procedures in compliance with existing Signature and Expenditure Authority Policy. Review all proposals and make recommendations and changes to obtain a fair contract on services, equipment and materials required.
- Obtain RFQs and evaluate bids based on purchasing policies and procedures and make awards to winning suppliers or service providers.
- Review and update open purchase orders as needed and resolve discrepant orders in Dynamics 365 immediately.
- Resolve discrepancies with internal customers, vendors and accounting.
- Process and order approved goods or services and enter orders into Dynamics 365 by converting an approved purchase requisition into a purchase order.
- Expedite past due orders with vendors and ensure that credit memos for returned materials are obtained prior to shipment of replacement orders.
- Negotiate with vendors on high dollar materials, equipment and services to obtain the best possible cost to support company requirements.
- Develop new source of suppliers to widen the vendor base on high dollar equipment, services and materials.
- Miscellaneous purchasing tasks and projects as assigned.
- Assist users with using Dynamics 365 for requisition creation.
- A minimum of 2 to 5 years related experience in purchasing and/or materials management in a SOX regulated internal control environment.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in a business/scientific discipline or equivalent experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 / AX ERP software preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Strong attention to detail required.
- Works on problems of diverse scope in which analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join our team!
Please submit resume for Req. #2212 . Please visit our website at www.sutrobio.com for more information.
Sutro provides a competitive benefits package that includes a choice of health, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401K plan, PTO, ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan) and stock options.
As an equal opportunity employer, we believe in fostering a culture that is inclusive and values diversity in background and opinions. Sutro Biopharma hires extraordinary individuals into every position in the company and is committed to the diversity of our team. Our company progresses without regard of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, age, disability or citizenship status. We are dedicated to creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and succeed together.
Salaries listed on jobsites may not be representative of salary ranges at Sutro Biopharma.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.
Sutro Biopharma, Inc., located in South San Francisco, is a clinical-stage drug discovery, development and manufacturing company. Using precise protein engineering and rational design, Sutro is advancing next-generation oncology therapeutics.
Sutro is dedicated to transforming the lives of cancer patients by creating medicines with improved therapeutic profiles for areas of unmet need. To date, Sutro’s platform has led to cytokine-based immuno-oncology therapies, ADCs, vaccines and bispecific antibodies directed at precedented targets in clinical indications where the current standard of care is suboptimal.
The platform allows it to accelerate discovery and development of potential first-in-class and best-in-class molecules through rapid and systematic evaluation of protein structure-activity relationships to create optimized homogeneous product candidates.
In addition to developing its own oncology pipeline, Sutro is collaborating with select pharmaceutical and biotech companies to discover and develop novel, next-generation therapeutics. As the pace of clinical development accelerates, Sutro and its partners are developing therapeutics designed to more efficiently kill tumors without harming healthy cells.