Sr Analyst, Master Data Maintenance (GMX)
For more than 170 years, Pfizer has continuously worked to make a difference by delivering innovative therapies that improve the lives of our patients. By building a talented community of colleagues that align with our patient-focused purpose and core values, Pfizer has improved global health and impacted more than 780 million patients around the world.
In 2021, Pfizer expanded its global footprint to Tampa, establishing a strategic powerhouse that brings together multi-disciplinary, professional services including Finance, Accounting, Treasury, Digital, HR Services, Sourcing, Commercial and Project Management into a single, centralized location. With so many diverse and highly-skilled colleagues supporting multiple functions and services across the organization, Pfizer Tampa offers ample opportunity to engage in newer ways of working that enhance, simplify, and transform how we deliver treatments to our patients.
Located in Heights Union, the Pfizer Tampa site offers a modern industrial design, the latest in innovative technology, and close proximity to Downtown with views of the Tampa Riverwalk and access to the Channel district and Bayshore Boulevard. From an onsite fitness center to top floor panoramic balconies and outdoor patio, our activity-based space will provide various ways of working to offer collaboration and flexibility to colleagues. The Pfizer Tampa site has constructed an atmosphere that fosters interaction and prioritizes colleague health and wellness.
Additionally, to achieve breakthroughs that change patients’ lives, Pfizer is revolutionizing and evolving how colleagues work today. This year, Pfizer launched a new initiative that we call Log In For Your Day where a majority of colleagues can arrange with their manager to work remotely two or three days a week while still maintaining the ability to collaborate regularly in person at our sites. This flexible working model blends the best of remote work and on-site collaboration to drive greater flexibility, support work-life balance, and promote a vibrant, agile, and innovative culture.
Pfizer’s Enabling Functions Hubs serve to bring internal professional services such as Finance, HR, Digital, and Sourcing together into a consolidated and simplified shared services structure. Colleagues in the Enabling Functions Hubs execute end-to-end operational activities that can be standardized and scaled for greater enterprise synergies and effectiveness. The work managed from these hubs will evolve and expand over time as Enabling Functions continue to evaluate their go-forward delivery model. With an established community and evolving support model, Pfizer’s Enabling Functions Hubs are dynamic and energizing places to work. Colleagues with diverse capabilities across multiple functions are co-located to facilitate greater colleague collaboration, new ways of working, and enhanced simplification through more integrated end-to-end solutions. Pfizer operates Enabling Functions Hubs in six strategic locations: Memphis, Tennessee, USA; Tampa, Florida, USA; San Jose, Costa Rica; Dublin, Ireland; Thessaloniki, Greece; and Dalian, China. Learn more and apply to join our team today at Careers.Pfizer.com
The Controllers organization provides financial information for Pfizer Inc. to management, shareholders, and regulators. As part of the Core Operations department of Controllers, the Global Mark-Up Exchange (GMX) group provides an integrated cost, intercompany transfer price, inventory, and markup system. The GMX team and process provides management with data used for both internal and external reporting through extensive collaboration with business partners to ensure intercompany commerce is not disrupted.
The GMX Data Maintenance team is primarily responsible for managing the monthly/annual data collection process (set-up and updating of cost chains that include standard costs and intercompany transfer prices), system security and user access. The GMX master data is the key component utilized for the monthly GMX submissions (Intercompany Sales, Intercompany Cost of Sales, Intercompany Profit and Inventory) and detailed analysis of the P&L (primarily cost of goods sold) and balance sheet (inventory and global intercompany mark-up reserve).
This position collaborates with GMX team members and key stakeholders across the organization to maintain the master data governing the GMX data cubes, calculation engine and global inventory reporting. The colleague will coordinate with the Master Data Lead and other Master Data analysts to provide issue resolution and execution of required master data changes on an ongoing basis.
- Support the management of end-to-end cost chains within the GMX Transfer Price and Cost Cubes; understanding of intercompany inventory accounting concepts such as transfer pricing and statistical costs is critical
- Cost chain management includes addressing impacts of special projects which requires analytical skills with the ability to identify and implement best practices
- Responsible for establishing new end-to-end cost chains during ERP deployments, acquisitions, new product launches and out-licensing activities
- Maintenance of cost chains as modifications to the supply chain flows are implemented
- Analyze GMX system exceptions due to broken cost chains and manage issue resolution tickets for transfer price interface errors
- Partner with stakeholders, including Transfer Price COE (TP COE) and Pfizer Global Supply (PGS) to support the dual maintenance of the GMX cost cube and PGS Budget Cube as well as the Transfer Pricing Cube
- Establish effective relationships with Digital Teams to provide support to address issues, ensure alignment and/or enhance system interdependencies between GMX, SAP and EAH; partner in testing, documentation and implementation of system updates.
- Review GMX user access and confirm access requests are acted upon in a timely manner and in accordance with internal controls.
- Actively participate in annual maintenance activities with members of GMX leadership to ensure alignment of all activities and deadlines.
- Prepare the periodic GMX Metrics and request for explanations and resolution of outstanding items.
- Update SOPs/work instructions to ensure current processes are accurately documented
- Coordinate development and execution of regular trainings for stakeholders with a specific focus on cost/price maintenance.
- Routinely interact with members of GMX Team to ensure alignment of all activities and deadlines, and resolution of outstanding items in line with established SOPs and internal controls.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a financial reporting capacity
- Knowledge of accounting and financial systems/processes, controls, and ability to translate strategies into financial concepts
- Knowledge of SAP, SAP-BI, HFM, and Essbase strongly desired.
- Bachelors in Finance or Accounting required
- CPA or MBA preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency in US GAAP; good working knowledge of Pfizer Accounting Policies and Procedures is critical.
- Management Reporting and Analysis process experience preferred
- Excellent analytical skills and time management skills, demonstrate attention to detail
- Competency with spreadsheets and financial modeling
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Able to flexibly operate in dynamic environment and respond to all standard and ad-hoc requests
- Ability to work in a global, cross-functional environment
- Problem Solver – able to perform root cause analysis and act accordingly to resolve issues
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Infrequent travel may be required to other Pfizer campuses for meetings with stakeholders.
- Periodic meetings outside of typical working hours may be required due to the global nature of the role.
Other Job Details:
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus: YES
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine ActPfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.EEO & Employment EligibilityPfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Finance & Accounting#LI-PFE