Sr. Analyst, Submission and Analysis (GMX)
For more than 170 years, Pfizer has continuously worked to make a difference by delivering innovative therapies that improve the lives of our patients. By building a talented community of colleagues that align with our patient-focused purpose and core values, Pfizer has improved global health and impacted more than 780 million patients around the world.
In 2021, Pfizer expanded its global footprint to Tampa, establishing a strategic powerhouse that brings together multi-disciplinary, professional services including Finance, Accounting, Treasury, Digital, HR Services, Sourcing, Commercial and Project Management into a single, centralized location. With so many diverse and highly-skilled colleagues supporting multiple functions and services across the organization, Pfizer Tampa offers ample opportunity to engage in newer ways of working that enhance, simplify, and transform how we deliver treatments to our patients.
Located in Heights Union, the Pfizer Tampa site offers a modern industrial design, the latest in innovative technology, and close proximity to Downtown with views of the Tampa Riverwalk and access to the Channel district and Bayshore Boulevard. From an onsite fitness center to top floor panoramic balconies and outdoor patio, our activity-based space will provide various ways of working to offer collaboration and flexibility to colleagues. The Pfizer Tampa site has constructed an atmosphere that fosters interaction and prioritizes colleague health and wellness.
Additionally, to achieve breakthroughs that change patients’ lives, Pfizer is revolutionizing and evolving how colleagues work today. This year, Pfizer launched a new initiative that we call Log In For Your Day where a majority of colleagues can arrange with their manager to work remotely two or three days a week while still maintaining the ability to collaborate regularly in person at our sites. This flexible working model blends the best of remote work and on-site collaboration to drive greater flexibility, support work-life balance, and promote a vibrant, agile, and innovative culture.
The Controllers organization provides financial information for Pfizer Inc. to management, shareholders, and regulators. As part of the Core Operations department of Controllers, the Global Mark-Up Exchange (GMX) group provides an integrated cost, intercompany transfer price, inventory, and markup system. The GMX team and process provides management with data used for both internal and external financial reporting through extensive collaboration with business partners to ensure intercompany commerce is not disrupted.
On a monthly basis, the GMX team is responsible for managing data submissions (Intercompany Sales, Intercompany Cost of Sales, Intercompany Profit and Inventory) and detailed analysis of the P&L (primarily cost of goods sold) and balance sheet (inventory and global intercompany profit reserve).
The Sr. Analyst position within the GMX Team is responsible for the support in a variety of areas impacting the GMX monthly close process including data submissions, detailed P&L and Balance Sheet analysis and financial reporting. In addition, the individual in this role will interact with affiliates worldwide as well as business finance on reporting requirements, key processes, and system/reporting capabilities.
The GMX Team frequently partners with Finance and Business Technology colleagues worldwide in executing process enhancements in order to streamline the GMX monthly close process and reporting/analytics that are required by business leadership. Overall, an excellent opportunity to develop skills with Pfizer’s financial reporting systems (SAP, SAP-BI, HFM) and obtain knowledge of key intercompany financial processes and interact with other members of business and corporate finance
- Support and validate monthly Earn-In, Earn-Out and Inventory submissions; provide feedback to submitters when necessary
- Review GMX journal entries for completeness and accuracy
- Perform corporate balance sheet and assigned market(s) P&L analysis and validation, including markup reserve, cost of sales, purchase price variance, material usage variance, currency impact and other
- Understand principles of transfer pricing and standard cost development processes and partner with representatives from Tax and Pfizer Global Supply (PGS) organizations in order to maintain or adapt GMX processes as necessary.
- Ability to coordinate monthly meetings with assigned market(s), Decision Support Center of Excellence (DSCOE’s), PGS COE’s and Global Business Services (GBS) teams to review reconciliations, open issues, accruals and submissions
- Answer and provide direction in relation to moderately complex intercompany policy and procedures which involves independent judgment and analytical skills with regards to the policy
- Involvement in key projects leveraging strong analytical skills with the ability to identify and implement best practices
- Provide business leadership with respect to GMX system/data cubes, identifying system enhancements and partnering with BT colleagues on the testing, documentation, and implementation of system updates.
- Responsible for new user system training for markup reporting and analysis
- Create and deliver monthly, quarterly and annual reporting requirements
- Update SOPs, work instructions and process maps accordingly to ensure processes are up-to-date
- Develop working relationships with GBS, PGS, Market, Commercial Finance and Consolidation Services teams and other external business units to ensure efficiency in end-to-end markup reporting processes and accurate financial data
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a financial reporting capacity
- Knowledge of accounting and financial systems/processes, controls, and ability to translate strategies into financial concepts
- Knowledge of SAP, SAP-BI, HFM, and Essbase strongly desired.
- Bachelors in Finance or Accounting required
- CPA or MBA preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency in US GAAP; good working knowledge of Accounting Policies and Procedures is critical.
- Management Reporting and Analysis process experience preferred
- Excellent analytical skills and time management skills, demonstrate attention to detail
- Competency with spreadsheets and financial modeling
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Able to flexibly operate in dynamic environment and respond to all standard and ad-hoc requests
- Ability to work in a global, cross-functional environment
- Problem Solver – able to perform root cause analysis and act accordingly to resolve issues
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Infrequent travel may be required to other Pfizer campuses for meetings with stakeholders.
- Periodic meetings outside of typical working hours may be required due to the global nature of the role.
Other Job Details:
- Last Date to Apply for Job: October 15, 2021
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine ActPfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.EEO & Employment EligibilityPfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Finance & Accounting#LI-PFE