Project Management Associate
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Since 2013, AbbVie has expanded its commitment to the San Francisco Bay Area with the consolidation of three Bay Area facilities to a new Bay Area headquarters in South San Francisco. AbbVie employees in the Bay Area drive AbbVie’s research-based, innovation driven missions in healthcare. Specifically, Bay Area employees bring deep scientific expertise and commercial excellence to advance cancer care. Current oncology areas of focus include immuno-oncology, tumor targeting, tumor dependency and precision medicine. With facilities positioned in the heart of the biotechnology industry, we are able to collaborate with the best and brightest minds in oncology.
Oncology is a key therapeutic area for AbbVie, with a portfolio consisting of three marketed products — Imbruvica, Venclexta, and Empliciti — and a pipeline containing multiple promising new molecules that are being studied in nearly 200 clinical trials in 19 different types of cancer. AbbVie is expanding its oncology hub on the West Coast, with three sites in the San Francisco Bay Area (Redwood City, South San Francisco, and Sunnyvale) moving into a brand-new site in South San Francisco and focusing on the discovery and development of novel oncology therapies. More than 1,000 AbbVie scientists, clinicians, and product developers with strong entrepreneurial roots work across these three sites. They combine their expertise in immuno-oncology, stem cells, and cell-signaling with their knowledge of bispecific antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs), and covalent-inhibitor technologies to discover and develop novel cancer treatments. This position is based at AbbVie’s new South San Francisco, CA location.
Project Coordinator/ Project Management Associate
The Project Coordinator/ Project Management Associate assists with the maintenance and analysis of project plans and is responsible for providing systems and decision support services to Oncology Early Development (OED) Portfolio and Project managers (PPMs), as well as OED portfolio operations support.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Provide project coordination and associated services to the OED drug development PPMs and project teams, supporting project plan maintenance and reporting, scenario development, risk management and decision making (40%)
- Provide SharePoint collaboration site maintenance and general support to PPMs and project teams, including creating draft meeting minutes, on line archiving and periodic updates of team documents (minutes, presentations, rosters, action item and decision logs, scenario analyses, reports), generation and timely tracking of team deliverables for oncology drug development projects (30%)
- Support management of OED portfolio initiatives and operations, including reporting & dashboards, analytics capabilities, and governance.
- Proactively identify challenges or issues for project execution and communicate to OED asset PPMs, managing or escalating as required.
- Apply organizational skills, project management principles and techniques to the coordination and completion of assigned goals and tasks.
- Assist in design and publication of ad hoc presentations
- Develop and provide basic training and guidance on team sites and system functionality to new team members.
- Bachelor’s degree with 4+ years of work experience, Master’s degree with 2-4+ years of work experience or PhD degree with 0-2+ years of work experience. Background in life sciences and experience in oncology drug development is preferred.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to balance work across multiple projects
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- Technical expertise with SharePoint, Microsoft tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project) is required; Experience/ Awareness in the tools and techniques of Project Management is desired; Experience with One Drive, One Note, Planisware is a plus.
- Must be self-directed and work well in a team environment, be process-oriented, able to convert goals to tasks and to define timeline estimates and requirements for completion.
- The incumbent must be able to discern the difference between general vs. confidential/ sensitive reporting information and act accordingly.
**Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled**
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.