Scientist/Senior Scientist - Protein Chemistry
At Alamar Biosciences, we’re on a mission to transform the field of proteomics for the early detection of cancer and other diseases. We are creating the world’s most sensitive proteomics platform to unmask the deepest secrets of our proteome. Our fully automated, high throughput platform will empower new biomarker discoveries for early detection and prevention of common diseases. We provide exceptional opportunities for those who have the entrepreneurial spirit, enjoy developing novel technologies and products, and aspire to grow together with the company.
We are seeking different levels of Scientist or Senior Scientist with a passion for protein chemistry. The successful candidate will be a lead for protein/antibody production and characterization to support our antibody-based diagnostics and therapeutic development. He or she should be a technical expert in molecular biology and protein biochemistry.
- Independently lead protein biochemical activities to enable cross-functionalities in the company, including antibody development, raw material generation for product development, etc.
- Develop and execute methods for protein expression and purification
- Manage and direct protein production CRO activities
- Organize in-house protein inventory
- Ph.D. in molecular biology, structural biology, biophysics, protein biochemistry, computational biology or related disciplines
- Strong expertise in protein production using different expression systems and various purification techniques
- Expertise in characterizing protein interactions with other molecular entities is highly desirable
- Experience or interest in directed evolution technologies is desirable
- Experience in membrane proteins or lab automation/robotics is a plus
- MS with demonstrated expertise and productivity may also qualify
- Must be self-motivated with a positive “can do” attitude
- Have strong communication skills to work in a highly collaborative team environment
We offer a competitive and comprehensive employee benefits package, including daily lunch, health, dental, vision, life insurance, a flexible spending plan, paid vacation, stock options and a 401(k) plan.
Alamar Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer.