At Alamar Biosciences, we’re on a mission to transform the field of proteomics for the early detection of cancer and other diseases. We are creating the world’s most sensitive proteomics platform to unmask the deepest secrets of our proteome. Our fully automated, high throughput platform will empower new biomarker discoveries for early detection and prevention of common diseases. We provide exceptional opportunities for those who have the entrepreneurial spirit, enjoy developing novel technologies and products, and aspire to grow together with the company.
The Accounting Supervisor is responsible for a wide range of accounting related activities. Successful candidates should have the desire to take initiative and consider themselves to be a team player with good communication and problem-solving skills. Additionally, one should have good attention to detail and enjoy meeting deadlines in a collaborative environment.
- Act as a primary support to VP of Finance/Controller
- Streamline the procurement process
- Prepare monthly service invoices and monitor cash collection
- Prepare bank and credit card reconciliation
- Maintain fixed asset schedule
- Prepare month-end journal entries, including but not limited to, accruals, amortizations and adjusting journal entries
- Prepare audit schedules related to tax and annual financial audit
- Analyze and reconcile balance sheet and income statement accounts of assigned facilities and/or departments
- Prepare account reconciliation schedules and analytical reports for various accounts
- Research and resolve accounting issues with assigned departments and/or facilities
- Assist with ERP system implementation
- Ensure that financial transactions are conducted and approved in accordance with company policies and procedure
- Provide exceptional customer service to internal and external customers
- As we grow, lead and supervise the staff of the accounting department
- Other duties as assigned or requested
- BS/BA in Accounting or Finance
- 5-7 years of work experience in general ledger, month-end close and account reconciliation
- 3+ years in supervisory role
- Working Knowledge of GAAP, required.
- Experience in Quickbooks and NetSuite, required
- Advanced Excel skills (including pivot tables, V-Lookups, and what-if statements), required
- Experience in ASC 606 Revenue Recognition and ASC 842 Lease Accounting highly desirable
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Cost Accounting experience, a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to follow instructions, apply and interpret standard operating procedures, effectively communicate with employees, vendors and customers
We offer a competitive and comprehensive employee benefits package, including daily lunch, health, dental, vision, life insurance, a flexible spending plan, paid vacation, stock options and a 401(k) plan.
Alamar Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer.