Senior Algorithm Engineer
The Senior Algorithms Engineer will be working with a fast-paced team of algorithm developers in Software Engineering on challenging treatment plan optimization, delivery workflow automation and treatment time reduction algorithms. The candidate will work on tasks from the product prototyping to the final product release; and will also be expected to know or learn the medical device quality system and design control regulations, including specification, risk analysis, verification, validation, and manufacturing process controls.
- Innovate and develop fast and accurate dose delivery algorithms for BgRT systems
- Design and develop clinical workflow automation algorithms
- Develop and implement robust and automated image processing algorithms such as image registration, image contouring and image pattern recognitions
- Explore new ideas according to company’s strategic direction
- Develop and support the technology development from prototype to commercial release
- Conduct performance analysis and software testing, including system simulation, and data, image and system analysis
- Define engineering requirements from product requirements
- Complete required testing and documentation to support product release and regulatory submissions
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or closely related field
- Strong background in machine learning, advanced image processing, mathematics, linear algebra, statistics, and data mining
- 5+ years of experience in developing algorithms for computer vision/image processing problems such as image registration, image denoising, motion tracking, image registration, image segmentation and image contouring
- Strong software design skill and a proven ability to build prototypes quickly
- 6+ years of programing expertise using C++, MATLAB and/or Python
- Strong ability to analyze the system performance and sub-system performance with both self-developed tools and/or released tools.
- Excellent communication, presentation and documentation skills
- A passion for creating robust and reliable products
- Experience in imaging (such as CT and PET) or radiation therapy product development is a strong plus
Company Benefits and Perks – What you will love about us!
All positions at RefleXion are eligible to receive the same benefits, listed here. We also want to highlight the following perks that add to our collaborative and team-work company culture. As we continue to grow as a company, we strive to have these benefits and perks grow with us – we are so excited for what is in store!
- The opportunity to work with a passionate, driven team in a pre-IPO start-up environment.
- Competitive compensation and stock option package
- Three (3) weeks PTO to start.
- Medical (both HMO and PPO options), Dental and Vision
- Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employer paid Life Insurance.
- RefleXion Benefit Hub – for company exclusive discounts and deals on a variety of sites and items.
- Free daily on-site lunches
- Kitchens filled with a variety of healthy and delicious snacks and drinks – including espresso and soda machines!
- Company culture building events such as Coffee Chats with the Executives, Friday Afternoon Ice Cream Socials, and monthly Book Club
- On-site mobile car wash services weekly
- Electric car charging stations on site