Procurement Manager, Category Management - Clinical
The Procurement Manager, Category Management - Clinical is responsible to develop & lead the global category management strategy within Global Development for clinical services which may include imaging and cardiac safety. The ideal candidate is a proven business strategy influencer & collaborator who will guide Regeneron Global teams on supply market dynamics and leading practices which increase value, minimize risk, and ensure quality & cost effectiveness.
We are looking for someone that works effectively with ambiguity to anticipate future global business requirements in complex business unit stakeholder categories.What a typical day looks like:
- Leading and working with others to solve issues of diverse scope where analysis requires an understanding of current business trends
- Using sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions
- Responsibilities for global contractual agreements and works with internal legal department and any changes that are critical to Regeneron’s interest
- Developing and implementing the Category Management strategy to optimize value from the global supply base
- Leading all aspects of and coordinating global requests for proposals, developing contracts, and ensuring contract objectives are delivered.
- Leading global supplier relationships and ensuring performance and accountability are tracked and improved
- Developing and managing program policies and procedures ensuring compliance with Company guidelines, related laws, and governmental guidelines
- Develops and implements procurement related programs
- Advises and influences decision making at the management level
- Manages supplier integration plans of all goods and services for consumption by internal partners, business unit, or function
- Identifies projects to apply sourcing and procurement methodologies
- Coaches proficiency on procurement technical skills among peer professionals
- Building the program for the category including risk, performance, relationship, and supplier development pillars with collective input from the individual market sourcing managers
- Coaches category and sourcing managers to ensure consistent execution of the Supplier Management Program
- Demonstrated experience leading multiple/other categories within clinical development
- Working knowledge with sourcing contracting tools, ERPs, and eRFx systems preferred. (Oracle, Zycus, Ariba, Other)
- Ability to leverage standard business applications for communicating, presenting and analyzing (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Previous leadership experience (preferred)
- Cost modeling knowledge
- Ability to build consensus, teamwork, and creativity within a collaborative team with limited supervision
- Program management experience and project management experience required
- A broad understanding of the processes, procedures and systems and is able to use that knowledge to improve efficiency and produce high quality work on problems with cross functional impact.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.