Vaxart is a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing a range of oral recombinant vaccines based on its proprietary delivery platform. Vaxart vaccines are administered using convenient room temperature-stable tablets that can be stored and shipped without refrigeration.
Vaxart has demonstrated that its proprietary tablet vaccine delivery platform is suitable to deliver recombinant vaccines, positioning the company to develop oral versions of currently marketed vaccines and to design recombinant vaccines for new indications. Its development programs currently include tablet vaccines designed to protect against coronavirus, norovirus, seasonal influenza and respiratory syncytial virus (RSV), as well as a therapeutic vaccine for human papillomavirus (HPV), Vaxart’s first immuno-oncology indication.
Our mission is the promotion of global health through the development of effective vaccines that can be administered by tablet rather than by injection, providing for the simple and efficient distribution and administration of safe vaccines in any setting.
The Research Associate is responsible for performing analysis to support process and formulation development activities. Additionally, this role will support analytical method development for cell-based infectivity and transgene expression assays.
- Perform sample analysis using established SOPs for to support process and formulation development activities
- Perform cell banking and cell line maintenance activities.
- Keep accurate and detailed laboratory records and communicate results to supervisor.
- Assures that training and compliance records for themselves are up to date and appropriate.
- Proactively communicate with internal and external stakeholders and supervisor, as well as peers
- BS or MS in Cell biology, Biochemistry, or related disciplines with 0-5 years of experience, preferably in biotech or pharma industry with primary focus on biologics.
- Prior experience with cell-based infectivity or potency assays is a plus.
- Experience with mammalian cell culture and viral vector production is a plus.
- Quick learner with ability to work in a high paced team environment, meet deadlines, and prioritize work from multiple projects.
- Strong analytical and communication skills as well as sound judgment, with the ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to maintain flexible intellect and adjust to a dynamic work environment.
Vaxart offers team members a competitive compensation and benefits package, including a bonus program, stock options, 401K with employer matching, tuition assistance, and work life balance.
Vaxart is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. We are committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees in personnel actions, which include: recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, rates of pay or other compensation, transfer, discipline, demotion, layoff or termination. Vaxart does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, family medical history or genetic information, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.