Senior Data Engineer, Accelerated Pharma
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science and engineering to radically improve the lives of patients and industrialize drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You’ll Make
- Create a world-class research platform. You'll work with data scientists and biologists in building a platform for generating, transforming, storing, and efficiently serving large amounts of data to support production-quality applications and experimental, ad-hoc analyses.
- Distill large datasets to ensure data-backed decisions. Scientists at Recursion perform thousands of experiments every week from which we produce millions of data points. This data is crucial to understanding the outcomes of our experiments and informs decisions about what disease programs to pursue. You'll work with data scientists and the engineers on your team to make sure this data can be easily and flexibly queried to drive applications essential to Recursion’s success.
- Provide visibility into operations. You'll create tools, dashboards, and metrics to grant early insight into the quality of proposed experiments for our scientists, and to track the provenance of key drug development decisions.
- Be a mentor, coach, and sponsor. You will share your technical knowledge and experiences, resulting in an increase in learning, growth, and impact within and beyond the team.
The Team You’ll Join
The Accelerated Pharma team is a team of four full stack software engineers reporting to the larger engineering department. On this team you will contribute to Recursion's mission to decode biology by using our vast data sets and deep learning models to surface insights and connections in clear, intuitive ways. Our applications serve as the connective tissue between the experiments that are being performed in the lab and the applicable data resulting from those experiments.
The Experience You’ll Need
- Work with cross-functional teams to solve technically complex problems and resolve project priority and scope. We don't have much in the way of project managers.
- Build data pipelines that efficiently serve large datasets to diverse users and applications.
- Collaborate with your fellow engineers to complete large projects that span multiple systems and diverse technologies.
- Deliver well-tested and instrumented code that can be continuously deployed in small, impactful chunks.
- Prioritize automating tests, deployments, logging, metrics collection, and monitoring.
- Maintain a people-first mindset. Despite deadlines, we prioritize supporting our coworkers in their growth.
- Biology or chemistry background is not necessary, but intellectual curiosity is a must!
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy as a Full-Time Recursionaut:
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option and restricted stock unit (RSUs) programs
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility** (Salt Lake City)
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute**
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars** (Salt Lake City)
- Monthly fitness/wellness stipend
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking** (Salt Lake City)
**United States based employees
More About Us
Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.