Director, Early Commercial Strategy
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science and engineering to radically improve the lives of patients and industrialize drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You’ll Make
If you can’t decide which you like reading more: scientific papers or HBR case studies, this role is definitely for you. You will bring together an understanding of the biology, unmet need, market potential, preclinical and clinical development paths for a portfolio of therapeutic programs. You will integrate your own research and input from experienced biologists, chemists, data scientists, drug developers and business development to craft the strategic package. More specifically, you’ll:
- Diligence potential new drug discovery programs for Recursion by analyzing two key areas (1) the opportunity to make an impact on patient lives and (2) the approach we’ll take to validate new drug candidates in vitro and in vivo models of disease.
- Utilize your creativity, scientific expertise, and knowledge of the unique Recursion drug discovery platform to identify opportunities for new drug discovery programs.
- Build compelling early commercial strategies for each program. Define the early target product profile and competitive landscape to guide the translation from bench to bedside.
- Interface with groups across Recursion to make sure programs are being initiated and progressing in a timely manner. Communicate both program status and key findings across groups.
The Team You’ll Join
We are building an early commercial strategy group centered to support inference-based discovery of novel programs across multiple therapeutic areas. The team is composed of members with diverse backgrounds merging business acumen and scientific knowledge. In the role, you’ll work extensively with colleagues across Recursion to conceive, initiate and progress programs toward the clinic. You will need a collaborative mindset, a demonstrated knowledge of molecular biology, self-initiative and a willingness to learn and create with the Recursion platform.
THE EXPERIENCE YOU’LL NEED
- 5+ years professional experience in a leadership role combining science and business (e.g. prior roles in consulting, pharmaceutical BD, venture capital, or equity research)
- Demonstrable experience crafting target product profiles, reviewing patient treatment pathways, and conducting opportunity assessments across therapeutic areas
- Ability to combine data from multiple inputs, including market dynamics, competitive intelligence, and scientific key opinion leader input to craft therapeutic areas, and indications strategy in alignment with corporate strategy
- Experience leading and mentoring a team of biopharma business strategy professionals.
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy as a Full-Time Recursionaut:
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option and restricted stock unit (RSUs) programs
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility** (Salt Lake City)
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute**
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars** (Salt Lake City)
- Monthly fitness/wellness stipend
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking** (Salt Lake City)
**United States based employees
More About Us
Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.