As a member of the Pharmaceutical Science and Manufacturing Statistics group, you will support a variety of development projects and help advance chemical and biological entities from post-proof of concept to the market. You will design, plan and execute statistical components of plans for research and development teams. This will assist in establishing the manufacturing conditions essential for safety, efficacy, and marketability of pharmaceutical and biological products. Through your comprehensive knowledge of principles, concepts and theories of the discipline, you will also work towards advancing new concepts and methodologies.
It is your commitment and hard work that will make Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe.How You Will Achieve It
- Provide primary statistics support to the science and technology lines within Pharmaceutical Sciences: spanning drug substance, drug product, and analytical method development, as well as regulatory activities.
- Collaborate with scientists to plan meaningful studies; statistically analyze and interpret results. Use statistical expertise to prepare both internal and external reports, presentations, and manuscripts, with the aim to improve the quality of internal decision making and increase our influence on the external environment.
- Ensure that all study and project level statistical activities are conducted in compliance with relevant regulatory requirements and Pfizer standards.
- Demonstrate initiative in influencing and improving workflows and ensuring sound statistical thinking and methods are employed by identifying, developing, and applying established and new quantitative statistical methods as needed to solve problems in pharmaceutical research.
- Participate in the group’s education activity by teaching courses such as basic statistics, regression analysis, and statistical experimental design to non-statisticians.
- Pursue business-related research interests and represent Pfizer externally.
- Master's degree in Statistics with at least two years’ statistical consulting experience, preferably in a laboratory science environment
- Statistical knowledge through coursework and/or demonstrated statistical application in descriptive and inferential statistics, general linear models, non-linear regression, Bayesian methods, statistical experimental design, and quality control.
- Sound computational skills: SAS, S+ / R, or equivalent, Python, and knowledge of a variety of commercial packages.
- Good team player with demonstrated ability to build effective working relationships within and across sites with customers and partners.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills in explaining complex statistics in the context of experimental objectives.
- PhD in Statistics with one year of statistical consulting experience.
- Significant coursework in a scientific discipline (chemistry, biology, engineering).
- Prior experience working in pharmaceutical research and development.
- Proven track record of integrating statistical techniques and solutions into pharmaceutical / engineering applications to achieve business results.