Sr. Reliability Engineer
Whether you are involved in the design and development of manufacturing processes for products or supporting maintenance and reliability, engineering is vital to making sure customers and patients have the medicines they need, when they need them. Working with our innovative engineering team, you'll help bring medicines to the world even faster by imagining what’s possible and taking action.What You Will Achieve
Working with Pfizer’s dynamic engineering team, you will play a critical part in managing the maintenance and reliability engineering activities involving the redesign, maintenance, and repair of utilities systems, buildings, and production/non-production equipment.
As a Manager, you provide cross-functional guidance to operational teams for managing projects. You will be setting priorities, forecasting and allocating resources needed to complete all preventive and corrective maintenance tasks as well as providing areas of improvement for products, processes or services. Through your comprehensive knowledge of principles, concepts and theories of the discipline, you will also work towards advancing new concepts and methodologies.
It is your dedication and focus that will make Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe.How You Will Achieve It
- The Reliability Engineer is responsible for monitoring and improving the reliability of production equipment and support systems.
- This position applies engineering concepts to the study, evaluate, optimize and manage of assets, systems or components to ensure it perform to its required function under stated conditions for a specified period of time.
- A function whose prime responsibility is to ensure that maintenance techniques are repeatable, effective, that equipment is designed and modified to improve maintainability, that ongoing maintenance technical problems are investigated, and appropriate corrective and improvement actions are reviewed and implemented.
- This position has a direct impact on the manufacturing operation. This position routinely investigates systems, component and equipment failures and determines corrective and preventive measures. This position is greatly involved in line performance projects to include capital equipment and system upgrades, modifications, trouble shooting and emergency repairs.
- Scope, plan and execute multiple projects simultaneously.
- Supervise one or more highly technical personnel.
- Support investigations, participate and complete corrective actions/preventative actions (CAPA’s) based on root cause analysis and remediate audit observation response items.
- Support risk management initiatives to ensure organizational strategic objectives in the areas of asset capability, quality and production.
- Monitor equipment trends in CMMS and other systems.
- Conducts Root Cause Analysis (RCA) or Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA).
- Perform Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA).
- Develop required training and standards.
- Develop engineering solutions to repetitive failures and other problems that adversely affect equipment performance to include capacity, quality, cost or regulatory compliance issues.
- Evaluates effectiveness of Preventive Maintenance (PM), Predictive Maintenance (PdM) and Condition based Maintenance (CbM) methods and technologies.
- Understand functionality and be familiar with computerized maintenance management system or asset management systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline with minimum 5 years of experience.
Master’s degree in an engineering discipline or similar discipline, with 3 years of experience required
- Engineering knowledge in one or more of the following: Electrical, Mechanical, Automation, Statistics, Chemistry, Maintenance, Reliability and Quality.
- Excellent written, communications and presentation skills.
- Possess good analytical and computer skills.
- Have a thorough understanding of cGMP's.
- Able to perform mathematical calculation and have the ability to perform complex data analysis.
- CMRP or equivalent certification preferred.
- Must be physically fit and mobile to actively work in clean room environments along with walking, climbing stairs, climbing ladders/walking on catwalks, work on knees occasionally, repetitive use of upper extremities.
- Respond to visual and audible warning indicators, respond to color or special visual indicators, work around moving equipment, wear specialized protective clothing, wear PPE (safety shoes/glasses, etc.) work in hot or cold environment, work in hearing conservation area, work with potent drug powders.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Be self-directed, requiring only minimal management oversite and direction.
- Normal work schedule is 5 days, 40 hours.
- May required extended work hours as needed. (Project driven)
- Travel may be required. (business or project need)
- Promote and ensure safe work practices, procedures and regulations.
Other Job Details:
- Last Date to Apply for Job: 11/8/21
- Eligible for Relocation Package
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine ActPfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.EEO & Employment EligibilityPfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Engineering#LI-PFE