PostDoctoral Associate - Integrative Multi-omics Analysis
Alkahest is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company targeting neurodegenerative and age-related diseases with transformative therapies derived from a deep understanding of the plasma proteome in aging and disease. Our approaches utilize omics techniques to identify new therapeutics and apply them to patients.
Alkahest offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, opportunities for career growth and development, and a work environment that is collaborative, collegial, and fun.
The Data Science group at Alkahest is seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral associate to join the analysis team for interpretation and integration of large-scale multi-omics data. Our studies involve cutting-edge technologies to obtain a comprehensive view of biological molecules and pathways involved in aging and aging-related diseases. To further this goal, we are interested in an innovative integration of omics data in the context of aging and disease.
- Perform Integrative analysis of large-scale multi-omics data
- Provide insight on role of biological molecules in aging and aging-related diseases
- Create pathway enrichment strategies for deep multi-omics datasets
- Actively drive the direction of the project
- Publish in high-profile journals
- PhD. in Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Computational Biology, Computer Science or related field applied to biological data. Proven publication record
- Experience in analyzing omics data (transcriptomics, proteomics, metabolomics and/or lipidomics)
- Creative problem solving with the ability to think outside-of-the-box and implement exploratory novel methods
- Solid expertise in statistics and modeling, including but not limited to linear and non-linear modeling, multivariate analysis, network analysis, machine learning, and algorithm development
- Demonstrated deep knowledge of system biology principles, tools, and databases
- Demonstrated skills in R, solid experience working on the command line using bash and shell scripting
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, following best practices, in particular documentation
- Creative and collaborative team spirit and the ability to self-motivate and work independently
- Comfortable working in a multi-tasked, fast-paced environment
- Experience working with mass spectrometry data is a plus
Applicants and new hires are subject to the Company’s Mandatory Vaccination Policy.