Scientist, Viral Vector Analytical Development
Adicet Bio, Inc. is a biotechnology company discovering and developing allogeneic gamma delta T cell therapies for cancer and other diseases. Adicet is advancing a pipeline of “off-the-shelf” gamma delta T cells, engineered with chimeric antigen receptors and T cell receptor-like antibodies to enhance selective tumor targeting, facilitate innate and adaptive anti-tumor immune response, and improve persistence for durable activity in patients. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.adicetbio.com.
SCIENTIST, VIRAL VECTOR ANALYTICAL DEVELOPMENT
Adicet Bio is developing a next generation manufacturing process to advance our platform of “off-the-shelf” immune cell products. We are currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual for our Viral Vector team as we expand our analytics platforms. This position offers a chance to be part of a skilled and energetic group, applying the latest cell biology and vector analytics approaches to facilitate development of next generation of allogeneic immune cell therapies.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual with a strong background in cell or molecular biology to join our team. The successful candidate will contribute to the advancement of Adicet’s viral vector platform by developing assays used for evaluation and characterization of viral vectors used in both research and manufacturing pipelines.
This individual will serve as a program specialist reporting to the Vector Analytics Team leader. Working in collaboration with other scientists, as well as the Upstream and Downstream Vector teams, this individual will be responsible for design, establishment, and qualification of assays used to assess viral vector quality. The individual will also work with other Technical Operations teams, and external groups, to meet project timelines and deliver a consistent and robust viral vector product.
- Design experimental approaches to determine viral titers, transduce target cells, analyze surface biomarkers, and quantitate integrated vector species.
- Develop and optimize transient transfection/viral transduction protocols for primary human T cell lines including development of flow cytometric assays.
- Contribute to the development of qPCR, RT-PCR, ddPCR and ELISA assays to meet experimental goals and facilitate advancement of the viral vector pipeline.
- Serve as SME for cell-based assays, viral vector analytics, and data interpretation when communicating with external groups.
- Prepare standard operating procedures, sampling plans, technical documents, and sample inventories for tech transfer purposes.
- Contribute to material or equipment acquisition and goal planning of the Vector Analytics group.
- Successfully execute and document laboratory procedures and experiments with great attention to detail.
- Provide mentorship and scientific guidance to junior technical staff.
VECTOR ANALYTICS QUALIFICATIONS:
- Advanced degree with background in cell or molecular biology or related life science field is required. PhD degree with 0-2 years or Master’s degree with 4+ years or equivalent experience in analytical development is required.
- Minimum of 1 years of experience in biopharmaceutical industry, preferably working with cell or gene therapies.
- Experience with mammalian tissue culture is required. Candidates having prior experience in viral titering, primary cell culture, transduction assays, proviral DNA quantitation, or immunoassays will be given strongest preference.
- Experience in working in a BSL-2 environment is strongly desired.
- Familiarity with FDA guidance on analytical method development for cell and gene therapies is desired.
- Prior experience with flow cytometry, ELISA, qPCR and ddPCR procedures is desired.
- Candidates with experience using statistical analysis and data presentation software (JMP, GraphPad, etc.) will be given preference.
- Qualified candidates should be detail oriented with an ability to work independently, multitask, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly motivated, organized, and disciplined record keeping; strong attention to detail.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be proficient with MS Office and other commonly used software and technology programs.
BENEFITSAdicet Bio offers both comprehensive benefits and Paid Time (PTO) plans for employees, which begin on the first day of employment, as well as the opportunity to work in a growing, dynamic environment. Adicet Bio is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.