Contract – Accounts Payable Accountant
CONTRACT - ACCOUNTS PAYABLE ACCOUNTANT
The Accounts Payable Accountant is an integral part of a growing accounting team and needs to be an enthusiastic and hands-on individual who enjoys a fast-paced pre-commercial environment. The ideal candidate will have strong operational experience in accounts payable, compliance, employee expense reporting and internal controls as well as process improvements. The Accounts Payable Accountant reports to the Director of Accounting Operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Own the full cycle A/P process including three-way matching, invoice validation and approval, proper coding, payment generation, check/wire disbursement and vendor file maintenance including 1099 vendors
- Reconcile employee expense reports and provide rigorous audit process in anticipation of upcoming sales team
- Reconcile corporate credit card statements to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures
- Investigate and resolve A/P-related issues and queries from both internal approvers and vendor correspondence
- Prepare month-end journal entries related to accounts payable and account reconciliations
- Responsible for annual 1099 filings, sales and use tax related matters
- Recommend and implement value-add procedures and improvements to systems such as, but not limited to, Zycus, Concur, and NetSuite
- Participate in quarter-end close activities and assist in preparation of any auditor-required PBC items
- Other duties and special projects as needed
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant experience, preferably in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- Experience with NetSuite Concur and procurement systems preferred
- Microsoft Office skills including Excel, Word and Outlook
- Working knowledge of basic accounting principles and internal controls
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management, both written and verbal
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency and adhere to strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented with excellent analytical and organizational skills
NOTE: This position summary is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
The Company complies with all laws respecting equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against applicants with regard to any protected characteristic as defined by federal, state, and local law. This position may require you to work onsite or interact in person with customers of the Company and/or work onsite from time to time at the Company's facilities. The Company requires all employees working in its facilities (including attending in-person meetings and events) to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 (except as required by applicable law). Therefore, this position requires you to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for a disability/medical condition or sincerely-held religious belief, and/or as otherwise required by applicable law. The Company considers you fully vaccinated once 14 days have passed since you received either the second dose in a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine series or a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine. This position requires you to maintain a fully-vaccinated status against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations required by applicable law. The vaccine must have been FDA approved, have emergency use authorization from the FDA, or, for persons fully vaccinated outside of the U.S., be listed for emergency use by the World Health Organization.