Scientist - Immunology, Translational Sciences
Encoded Therapeutics Inc. is a biotechnology company advancing precision medicines for a broad range of genetic disorders. Our mission is to unlock new opportunities for viral gene therapy through genomics-driven discovery. We focus on delivering life-changing advances for individuals with genetic disorders not addressable with current approaches. This is a unique opportunity to work at the intersection of genomics and therapeutics and participate in the development of a diverse therapeutic pipeline driven by transformative core technologies. For more information, please visit www.Encoded.com.
We are recruiting an experienced Scientist to join our growing Immunology - Translational Sciences team. The Immunology team is developing methods to understand AAV biology in large animal models to contribute to nonclinical development of gene therapy products for neurological indications.
- Independently develop, perform and analyze AAV and transgene immunogenicity assays in various matrices using plate-based immunoassay methods
- Design and conduct plate-based ELISAs, electrochemiluminescence (ECL)- based (e.g., MSD platform) and/or bead-based (e.g., Luminex multiplex platform) immunoassays
- Understand flow cytometry principles by designing and conducting well-designed experiments
- Perform immunoassay method development efforts, organize well-designed experiments, and accurately analyze and present data
- Author and review standard operating protocols (SOPs) and study technical reports
- Communicate results with clarity at team meetings
- Engage to work collaboratively within internal cross-functional teams or oversee external CROs projects to deliver exceptional results
- Comply with all basic laboratory practices and safety protocols
- Contribute and build to the culture of continued process involvement
- Ph.D. in Biological Sciences with 2+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Background knowledge in immunology, neuroscience and/or gene-based therapy concepts preferred
- Strong practical knowledge of protein immunogenicity method development, cut-point calculations and data analysis
- Familiarity with concepts of method development, qualification and validation in accordance with regulatory guidelines is preferred
- Ability to troubleshoot and interpret complex data in an independent fashion
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate in a team setting
- Strong analytical computation skills to analyze, graph and perform statistical analysis using Excel, GraphPad Prism, FlowJo and JMP software programs
- Comprehensive benefits package, including competitive employer premium contributions
- Meaningful stock option grants
- PTO, sick time and holiday pay
- Generous Parental Leave program
- Pre-tax medical and dependent care programs
- STD, LTD, Life and AD&D
- Professional development opportunities
- Team-building events
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Purple Tie dry cleaning service
- Fitness center
Encoded is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Encoded is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Encoded are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion or belief, color, national origin, gender, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the location in which we operate. Encoded will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Encoded encourages applicants of all ages.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may call us at +1 650-491-0272.