Scientist, Targeted Biologics Development
Ambrx is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company enabling new field of protein medicinal chemistry using an expanded genetic code to produce high value biological products such as long-acting proteins, antibody drug conjugates and bi-specific antibodies.
Ambrx is seeking a highly motivated research scientist to join the Targeted Biologics Development Team. The main job responsibility is to express engineered proteins to support multiple oncology and immune-oncology projects from discovery to preclinical phase. The candidate will work in a multidisciplinary and dynamic team environment to help with the discovery and development of precision engineered biological drugs that change patients’ lives.
- Support multiple discovery projects both intellectually and experimentally to expand Ambrx’s early pipeline
- Build DNA constructs for various formats of biological therapeutics
- Collaborate seamlessly with cell culture group to quickly deliver protein material for discovery projects
- Generate recombinant stable cell lines for assay development and preclinical animal models
- Develop and perform in vitro biological assays to characterize drug candidates
- PhD degree in biology/biochemistry or related discipline with 1-3 years of drug discovery experience in the biotech and /or pharmaceutical industry
- Expertise in molecular biology, especially in cloning, PCR, and vector construction
- Expertise in recombinant protein expression in a wide variety of systems (bacterial, mammalian cells)
- Excellent skills in aseptic tissue culture, in vitro biological assays, ELISA
- Hands-on experience in FACS based assays
- Prior experience in stable cell line generation and assay development is desired
- Prior experience working with oncology and immune-oncology therapeutic proteins and translational science is a plus
- Demonstrated passion to learn and advance new technology
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a matrixed team environment
- Good oral/ written communication and strong problem-solving skills
To be considered as an applicant, please submit your resume/CV referencing the specific position of interest and position code.. Applicants whose qualifications and experience most closely match the requirements of the position will be reviewed. Candidates will only be contacted for evaluative discussions. Ambrx offers competitive compensation & benefits.