Research Associate, Analytical Development and Quality Control
- Independently perform routine analytical testing using liquid chromatography (HPLC/UPLC), electrophoresis (CE, icIEF), and ELISA-based methods.
- Prepare samples, execute analytical testing per established SOPs, and perform data analysis with rapid turnaround time.
- Analyze, report, and archive data with the appropriate data and document management tools.
- Assist in the authoring and review of analytical method SOPs and technical reports summarizing analytical data.
- Assist in the execution of analytical development experiments to improve platform analytical capabilities.
- Monitor laboratory test results, trend assay performance, and troubleshoot typical method and equipment challenges.
- Operate and maintain HPLC, CE, and icIEF instruments in the analytical laboratory.
- Ensure laboratory equipment is calibrated and maintained in proper working order to enable compliance with relevant regulations.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Analytical Chemistry, Protein Chemistry, Biochemistry, or related disciplines with 0-2+ years of experience.
- Knowledge of basic protein /peptide analytical techniques and demonstrated ability to operate typical laboratory equipment, including HPLC, plate reader, CE, spectrophotometer and other laboratory equipment required.
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to follow assignments through to completion.
- Experience with EMPOWER, Benchling, and 32 Karat software is a plus.
- Ability to follow established protocols and procedures, and ability to develop new or revise existing protocols and procedures as needed.
- Strong computer and scientific skills, proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication (oral and written) skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivated, adaptable, and possess a positive attitude.
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies.
- Ability to make independent decisions based on system output.