We are currently searching for a Laboratory Technician to provide support to the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is a full-time position with MSC, and it is on-site in Bethesda, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform a wide variety of procedures and techniques which may include but are not limited to:
- Working mammalian cell culture including handling and maintenance of primary cells.
- Protein gel electrophoresis, transfer, and Western blotting.
- Isolation of DNA, RNA, and protein from mammalian cells and animal tissues.
- PCR, qPCR, RT-PCR, DNA cloning and plasmid preparations.
- Perform transfection of mammalian cells with DNA plasmids and RNA molecules.
- Perform basic laboratory maintenance including monitoring the levels of supplies, arranging for equipment repair/calibration, handling received orders.
- Perform lab work and experiments following protocols and instruction.
- Communicate and interact effectively with a diverse laboratory population.
- MD or PhD in a related field is required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience working in a laboratory setting.
- Experience in Chromatin Immunoprecipitation Assays (ChIP Assays).
- Basic knowledge of statistics, of virology (DNA viruses; herpesviruses), of epigenetics is required.
- Experience working with DNA viruses; Titering, infection of tissue culture cells, fluorescent and confocal microscopy is required.
- Familiarity with protein purification chromatography is required.
- Experience using MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Prism, Photoshop is required.
- Familiarity with bioinformatic analyses of RNA-Seq, ChIP-Seq, ATAC-Seq data is required.
Due to our contractual requirements, to be eligible for this role, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at time of hire.Company Description
We are a trusted government partner that blends deep domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants management.
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you’ll get…
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs, we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals – we’ve got you covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance Program and a membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs, company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and have your voice heard.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.