Senior Research Associate, Cell Line Development - Automation
About the role
We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Research Associate to join the Cell Line Development team at Sana Biotechnology. You will report to a Scientist and be responsible for supporting the development of a stable producer cell line system to enable clinical and commercial viral vector manufacturing. You should have experience in molecular/cell biology and automation/high-throughput liquid handling systems. Candidates with gene editing or viral vector experience are preferred.
What you’ll do
- Support the design, testing, and development of a stable cell line platform to produce high levels of viral vector
- Conduct studies to support establishment of a viral vector cell line development process
- Culture/maintain multiple mammalian suspension cell lines
- Hands-on experience with high-throughput clone screening and use of automated liquid handles such as Hamilton STAR, Hamilton Vantage, HighRes Prime, or CyBio Felix
- Meticulous documentation of experimental results and methods in electronic lab notebook
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor's plus 4 yrs or MS w 1-2 yrs. or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Hands-on experience with high-throughput clone screening and Hamilton STAR, Hamilton Vantage, HighRes Prime, or CyBio FeliX
- Hands-on experience with mammalian cell culture and excellent aseptic technique
- Experience with transient transfections
- Detailed recordkeeping and documentation of experimental results
- Ability to work in a high-paced team environment and meet deadlines
- Ability to engage in crucial conversations - providing and receiving feedback
What will separate you from the crowd
- Experience with viral vector production and handling
- Experience with using or scripting methods on Hamilton and HiRes automation systems
- Experience with stable cell line development to produce clinical/commercial therapeutics
What you should know
- Ability to work in BSL-2 laboratory
- Some weekend and/or off-shift work might be required
- Working safely on a predictable and regular basis is an essential job function for this position and the Company requires that all individuals, subject to certain exceptions, be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
How we work together
- Lead from every seat – we seek to understand, act with honesty, and engage in the crucial conversations
- Thrive as a team – we hire amazing people, are intensely curious, and cultivate inclusion and personal connectivity
- Make it happen – we value vigorous debate, alignment around our decisions, and resilient execution
Get to know us
At Sana, we believe that a diverse workforce strengthens us as a company and helps us to achieve our mission to meaningfully change the outcome of many human diseases. This belief is a pillar of our business and is critical to our success. Our goal is that Sana is the place for talented people to bring their authentic selves to work, to have a great career and to deeply, positively impact patients.
Core to our values, we believe there is nothing more important than the health and wellness of you and your family. For benefit eligible employees, we cover 100% of the cost for employee health coverage and offer generous time-off, parental leave, short- and long-term disability, financial wellness programs, a 401(k) Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, commuter subsidy and a variety of wellness offerings to support each person individually.
We are committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment based on race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental or sensory disability (including the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability), genetic information, actual or perceived HIV or Hepatitis C infection, medical condition (cancer or a record or history of cancer and genetic characteristics), marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), disability, veteran status, political ideology, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each job responsibility satisfactorily. The job description listed above is representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions described above.