Mgr Maintenance - AML 7 Utilities
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.Manager Maintenance - AML 7 UtilitiesLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world! In this vital role, the Manager Maintenance will be leading the Utilities area supporting the AML7 Drug Substance Manufacturing Plant. Leads the systems operational and maintenance activities in accordance to the production schedule and compliance requirements. Supervises a multi skilled Utilities and Maintenance Technicians. Manages the area Corrective and Preventive Programs in accordance with requirements. Assures compliance with all regulatory parameters, and maintains the Critical and Plant Utilities infrastructure in a compliant and audit ready state. Uses Lean tools and methodologies to drive continuous improvement initiatives. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Evaluate workloads and prioritizes daily activities. Ensures continuous reliable uninterrupted service for Utilities/HVAC equipment that support a 24/7 manufacturing operation.
- Leads the Plant Energy Management Program and Environmental Sustainability efforts.
- Assures Process Reliability by providing effective management of the programs and resources in a manner consistent with Site and Plant objectives.
- Serves as System Owner and SME for Critical and Plant Utilities area. Provides technical leadership, troubleshooting guidance and strategic direction.
- Responds to corrective maintenance activities and find solutions for systems/equipment issues. Leads and supports investigations for Quality deviation events and supports compliance audits.
- Responsible for the efficiency and quality of work maintaining an environment that promotes flexibility, consistent practices, and efficient operations.
- Supports the Plant Preventive Maintenance and Calibration Programs.
- Assures the performance of programmed maintenance activities in alignment to stipulated targets, compliance requirements, and windows of opportunity.
- Supports the Maintenance Planning and Scheduling business process. Ensures key performance indicators are considered and reported for operational activities, equipment reliability, and maintenance tasks.
- Uses the CMMS to manage, document activities, prepare reports, and analyzes data to identify trends and takes appropriate corrective action and/or makes recommendations.
- Generates applicable documentation to update CMMS, Spare parts, and others as part of the planned jobs activities.
- Review, modify and/or generate Standard Operating Procedures.
- Implements Safety programs to ensure a safe work environment. Responsible for on-the-job safety and housekeeping in area of support.
- Generates and handles Change Controls and performs CAPA records requirements.
- Supports equipment and systems validation activities.
- Submit capital requests as needed to support equipment replacement, upgrades and other improvements. Partner with Engineering and Project Managers to ensure smooth transition of Projects into day-to-day operations.
- Orchestrates the logistics and activities during Plant Slowdown/Shutdown periods.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients! The Utilities Manager professional we seek is a strong leader with these qualifications.
Masters degree & 3 years of Utilities, Maintenance, or Engineering experience in a GMP environment
Bachelors degree & 5 years of Utilities, Maintenance, or Engineering experience in a GMP environment
Previous managerial experience directly managing people and/or experience leading teams, projects, programs or directing the allocation of resources.Beyond that, additional Preferred Qualifications are:
- Academic background in Engineering (Mechanical, Industrial, Chemical, Biomedical, Computer, or Electrical Engineering).
- Progressive Technical/Managerial experience in the Utilities, Maintenance, or Engineering fields at the Pharmaceutical / Biotechnology industry.
- Experience managing operational and maintenance aspects of Utilities Systems such as; HVAC, Water (Process, Purified, WFI), Plant/Clean Steam, Gases, Chilled Water and Waste Water systems.
- Experience handling investigation of non-conformances, development of corrective & preventive actions and generation and implementation of change controls.
- Proficiency in validation processes such as generation of Installation/Operation/Performance qualification documentations.
- Excellent leadership and team building skills with the knowledge of Staff Relations concepts, with the ability to coach, mentor, and counsel Staff Members.
- Strong organizational skill, negotiation, collaboration, and sense of urgency; able to prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Lean/6 Sigma work environment experience. Green, Black Belt or other Continuous Improvement certifications and mentality.
- Ability and flexibility to support a non-standard shift continuous operation within a fast-paced environment, with changing priorities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and Spanish. Ability to speak and write the English language, using correct grammar and spelling.
- Ability to produce high quality reports and deliver presentations to multiple levels of the organization.
- Digital literacy with a solid understanding of MS Office software, and working knowledge with CMMS Systems.
- Demonstrated Project Management skills and concepts application.
- Sound Mechanical, Instrumentation, Electrical knowledge and proficiency.
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
Objects in your future are closer than they appear.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.Amgen requires all staff in the United States and Puerto Rico to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.