Post Doctoral Fellow - Pharmacokinetics & Drug Metabolism
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Do more with the knowledge youre working hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Through this program, you will acquire the valuable hands-on skills and foundational experience to become the professional you are meant to be in your chosen field.
Postdoctoral Fellow Pharmacokinetics and Drug Metabolism
This could be your everyday
Lets do this. Lets change the world. During this program, you will be provided with an enriching environment to inspire innovation that will contribute to the development of human therapeutics.
The Pharmacokinetics and Drug Metabolism (PKDM) Department at Amgen is seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral fellow within the fields of biophysical chemistry and cellular biology to determine the underlying principles driving the endocytosis and intracellular processing of multi-specific biologics. A primary aim of this endeavor will be to develop in vitro cell-based assays to quantify therapeutic protein trafficking in relation to defined molecular attributes, with the overall goal of correlating these observations to the in vivo pharmacokinetics.
The initial focus of the postdoctoral fellow will be to identify how bound antigen impacts the binding of the therapeutic protein to specific cell surface receptors. Subsequently, the postdoctoral fellow will then evaluate how/if the modified receptor interactions influence cellular uptake, recycling, and/or degradation of related therapeutic modalities within several model cell systems. The fellow will then explore how these modulations affect the overall pharmacokinetics of the therapeutic proteins in pre-clinical models.
- Design and implement both solution and cell-based biophysical assays to study protein-protein interactions (affinity/kinetics/cell trafficking) involving different bispecific molecular formats against target antigens and Fc receptors (e.g. FcRn)
- Develop, isolate, and characterize immortalized cell lines and primary cells.
- Conduct cell trafficking analysis via transcytosis & recycling assays (Transwell formats) with ELISA detection, and through quantitative colocalization analysis using fluorescence microscopy
- In vitro cell clearance assay development
The postdoctoral position is for 2 years with the option to extend for an additional year.
Heres what it takes to Win
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The dedicated individual we seek is a scientist with these qualifications.
- PhD at the time of appointment
- PhD in biophysics, biochemistry, immunology, or cellular and molecular biology is preferred
- Strong proficiency in one or more of the following techniques: ligand-receptor biophysical assays (SPR, Forte Bio, SwitchSense, calorimetry, etc.), HPLC and SEC-MALS, flow cytometry, mammalian cell culture, confocal microscopy, imaging analysis
- Working knowledge of the factors mediating the pharmacokinetics of protein therapeutics (e.g. monoclonal antibodies and Fc-fusions)
- Motivated individual capable of working both independently and collaboratively
- Knowledge of cell trafficking and transport studies a plus
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Demonstration of past scientific accomplishments through publications
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.Amgen will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.Amgen requires all staff in the United States and Puerto Rico to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.