Vaxart is a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing a range of oral recombinant vaccines based on its proprietary delivery platform. Vaxart vaccines are administered using convenient room temperature-stable tablets that can be stored and shipped without refrigeration.
Vaxart has demonstrated that its proprietary tablet vaccine delivery platform is suitable to deliver recombinant vaccines, positioning the company to develop oral versions of currently marketed vaccines and to design recombinant vaccines for new indications. Its development programs currently include tablet vaccines designed to protect against coronavirus, norovirus, seasonal influenza and respiratory syncytial virus (RSV), as well as a therapeutic vaccine for human papillomavirus (HPV), Vaxart’s first immuno-oncology indication.
Our mission is the promotion of global health through the development of effective vaccines that can be administered by tablet rather than by injection, providing for the simple and efficient distribution and administration of safe vaccines in any setting.
We are seeking an FP&A Manager to join our growing South San Francisco team!
The FP&A Manager is responsible for financial planning and analysis, development and maintenance of the multi-year financial model and ensuring business owners spend according to the financial plan. The successful candidate will also be responsible for answering inquiries about the state of the business, generating insights, building, and maintaining and distributing reports for all levels of the organization. The successful candidate will work closely with business and technical partners to help define and build a robust financial reporting environment.
- Coordinate and collaborate with other departments within our organization, such as Manufacturing, Clinical, R&D and Business Development, to further understand business objectives.
- Maintain excel models that serve as the primary source of entity-level financial projections.
- Participate in the budget and forecasting process by assisting with the formulation and collection of key assumptions, preparing facility-level budgets, and analyzing results.
- Analyze and assist in explaining the variances between actual results and budgeted amounts.
- Responsible for monthly variance analysis against budget and run-rate.
- Responsible for preparing for monthly meetings with Senior Vice President to go over their expenses, including tracking of headcount related expenditures.
- Responsible for creating and updating competitive analyses by utilizing available resources.
- Responsible for reviewing and approving purchase orders for compliance with budget and accounting rules.
- Responsible for reviewing and approving capital asset purchases in compliance with the annual budget and forecast.
- Responsible for SOX controls related to budgeting and planning.
- Assist with due diligence process for financing event, mergers and acquisitions.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field.
- 7+ years of previous financial analysis experience in a life science or biotech company.
- Experience in the following areas desirable: Financial Statement modeling, Monthly/Quarterly operational forecasting, Budget preparation, Monthly close – trend analysis, and Financial Reporting.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, & PowerPoint.
- Strong analytical skills, strategic analyses, market research, modeling, and conceptual thinking skills.
- Proven experience with understanding of financial evaluation techniques, especially forecasting, pro-forma product P&L modeling, cost analysis and probability adjusted NPV’s, is important.
- Excellent presentation and writing skills that elevate standard for the company.
- Strong project management and project leadership skills and the ability to execute plans and projects on aggressive timetables, is essential.
- NetSuite experience required.
Vaxart offers team members a competitive compensation and benefits package, including a bonus program, stock options, 401K with employer matching, tuition assistance, and work life balance.
Vaxart is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. We are committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees in personnel actions, which include: recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, rates of pay or other compensation, transfer, discipline, demotion, layoff or termination. Vaxart does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, family medical history or genetic information, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.