Associate Scientist, Biology
Avidity Biosciences is pioneering a new class of oligonucleotide-based therapies called Antibody Oligonucleotide Conjugates (AOC™). We utilize our proprietary AOC platform to design, engineer and develop therapeutics that combine the tissue selectivity of monoclonal antibodies (mAbs) and the precision of oligonucleotide-based therapies in order to access previously undruggable tissue and cell types and more effectively target underlying genetic drivers of diseases. We are advancing a pipeline of therapeutic programs focused on rare muscle disorders and other diseases with unmet medical need. We are passionate about the impact of every employee in bringing these potentially transformative therapeutics to patients in need. Make a difference with us.Job Summary
Avidity Biosciences is seeking a highly motivated Associated Scientist/Sr. Research Associate to join our Biology team and contribute to the development of our pipeline in muscle diseases. This is a hands-on position to generate high quality data for a pre-clinical stage drug development program. The ideal candidate will be proficient in a wide range of cellular and molecular biology techniques, and is expected to be a strong team player and demonstrate scientific rigor.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and perform experiments, analyze data, and interpret and report results
- Develop and optimize biochemical, molecular, and cellular biology methods as needed to move projects forward
- Collaborate and communicate with other team members and across departments, with flexibility to participate in several drug development projects if needed
- Keep detailed and accurate records
- Present data effectively in verbal as well as written form
- B.S./M.S. in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Biology, Bioengineering or related disciplines
- Prior relevant laboratory experience is required (3+ years). Previous experience in biotech/pharma is a plus
- Prior experience and a high degree of proficiency with the following techniques is required: cell culture (stable cell lines, primary mammalian cells), transfection, RNA isolation, quantitative RT-qPCR analysis, processing of animal tissues
- Experience and expertise in muscle biology and in vitro/in vivo muscle disease models is a plus
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with a diverse team of coworkers
- Solid written and oral communication skills
- Excellent computer and data analysis skills, specifically with Microsoft Office and GraphPad Prism
- Integrity, enthusiasm, willingness to learn, strong interpersonal skills, and attention to detail are expected
- Remaining in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods.
- Moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one station to another, or from one worksite to another.
- Adjusting or moving objects up to 50 pounds.
- Repeating motions that may include the fingers, wrists, hands and/or legs.
- Operating machinery or equipment.
- Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Ability to use a computer.
- Low temperatures.
- Noisy environments.
- Exposure to general laboratory environment conditions.
- Exposure to general office environment conditions.