Sr. Mechanical Engineer
Whether you are involved in the design and development of manufacturing processes for products or supporting maintenance and reliability, engineering is vital to making sure customers and patients have the medicines they need, when they need them. Working with our innovative engineering team, you'll help bring medicines to the world even faster by imagining what’s possible and taking action.What You Will Achieve
Working with Pfizer’s dynamic engineering team, you will play a critical part in managing the maintenance and reliability engineering activities involving the redesign, maintenance, and repair of utilities systems, buildings, and production/non-production equipment.
As a Sr. Mechanical Engineer, your breadth of knowledge on internal or external business challenges will help us improve our engineering products, processes, and services. You will provide technical guidance and collaborate with team members to help in problem solving .
It is your dedication and focus that will make Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe.How You Will Achieve It
- Provide design and operational support of plant utility systems, including, HVAC, chillers, cooling towers, chilled water, glycol, heating hot water, and emergency tempered water distribution systems.
- Manage multiple projects and ongoing work activities within the division typically involving cross-functional representatives.
- Support maintenance work management and the design, installation, commissioning, qualification of equipment.
- Lead and provide technical engineering oversight to develop scopes of work, project execution plans, and associated engineering studies for equipment component installation etc.
- Perform equipment evaluations to determine and justify new / replacement equipment and incorporate into Utility Master Plan and site capital plan.
- Provide input to capital project design with respect to equipment selection and specifications.
- Provide technical engineering oversight to develop project execution plans, and associated engineering studies for equipment component selection and installation etc.
- Develop and establish strategies and methods that improve preventive maintenance processes and procedures resulting in enhanced equipment performance
- Ensure that all work is performed in accordance with standard operating procedures (SOPs), Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), safety procedures, quality standards, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards, other regulatory agency standards, and good maintenance practices.
- Provide good judgment and innovation by utilizing and adapting a broad knowledge of engineering principles and practices acquired through progressive experience.
- Facilitate and participate in equipment-based Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) investigations.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years of experience
- Industry experience with plant utility operations and mechanical systems design
- Experience with preventive and predictive maintenance programs
- Knowledge of and ability to apply Process Safety Management elements
- Knowledge of Enterprise Asset Management Solution or other CMMS applications required
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of cGMP (current Good Manufacturing Practices), Food and Drug Administration, current pharmaceutical industry standards, and/or other regulations.
- Ability to shift priorities according to changes in departmental/facility needs and be open to different ideas/approaches
- Master's degree
- Project Management experience
Other Job Details:
- Last Date to Apply for Job: 10/22/21
- Relocation support available
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine ActPfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.EEO & Employment EligibilityPfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Engineering#LI-PFE