Sr Continuous Improvement Specialist - Vaccine
The position is a member of one or more “Work Area” Process Centric Team(s) (PCT), responsible for maintaining adherence to the Integrated Manufacturing Excellence (IMEx) standards for continuous improvement (CI). Primary responsibilities include identification, prioritization, management and execution of CI opportunities to improve the overall operational effectiveness of the PCT, reduce sources of loss, and meet improvement targets. Analyze data to drive root cause analyses and to prioritize improvements. Support the creation of Tier 1 and Tier 2 CI goals in alignment with Site priorities and Site Goals. The CI Specialist may lead or coach PCT members on structured problem-solving techniques of moderate complexity. This role is a key enabler to the successful deployment and sustainability of IMEx at the Kalamazoo site.
- Responsible for effective implementation and sustaining two or more work area level (Tier 1) CI Loop(s).
- Lead Operational Excellence initiatives (i.e. 5S, M1 investigations, GB certification, etc.), develop OpEx skills of colleagues, and drive a culture of continuous improvement with their team.
- Develop M1 Coach ability and partner with PCT Lead to promote continuous improvement within the PCT.
- Input and analyze data from IMEx Elements and other work units to identify areas for improvement and largest sources of loss, including collaboration with CI Specialists across ecosystems. Collaborate with other PCT members and Element Owners on identifying and implement continuous improvement opportunities. Utilize data to influence project prioritization.
- Investigate deviations of medium/high complexity, involving multiple departments that occur on the manufacturing floor. Perform root-cause analysis utilizing Six Sigma tools, and identify appropriate, effective corrective actions. Implements corrective actions in conjunction with the appropriate enabling groups, i.e. Engineering, Maintenance, Quality, Validation, Environmental Health and Safety.
- With support from the PCT Lead: facilitate the CI Loop meetings, including project prioritization and escalation. Attend daily Tier 1 meetings, and facilitate real-time structured problem solving.
- Lead monthly Tier 2 CI Loop meeting and T2 projects to improve the overall performance of the area.
- Receive and provide Structured GEMBA on the CI Loop Element.
- Work with PCT Lead, IMEx Deployment Lead, Tier 1 & 2 Element Owners, Operational Excellence and Area Leadership to build, maintain and improve IMEx within the work area.
- Partner with shop floor colleagues, leadership and enablers to ensure continuous improvement initiatives are identified and completed in a timely manner.
- High School or equivalent (GED) plus a minimum of 7 years of applicable technical experience, or
- Associates degree in chemistry, biology, computer science or relevant studies with a minimum of 3 years of relative experience in manufacturing operations, maintenance, operational excellence or lean systems
- Bachelor’s degree in the engineering, science or related field plus a minimum of 3-5 years of experience, or
- MS in a science or engineering related field.
- Basic project management and presentation skills are required.
- Basic financial skills and business acumen are required.
- The candidate must have experience in coaching other in structured problem solving (M1 Coach).
- Able to apply structured problem-solving techniques to moderately complex problems.
- The candidate must have experience with MS Excel and be able to input data and generate charts for analysis.
- The successful candidate must be dedicated to driving positive change through their work.
- The candidate must be self-motivated and able work semi-independently on CI Loop tasks and utilizing problem solving tools.
- Desire to grow LEAN capabilities to further drive CI on site
- The candidate must be able to facilitate group discussion around CI visual management board & root cause analysis meetings. Including problem solving within cross-functional team members.
- Certification in Lean or Six Sigma
- It is preferred that the candidate be experienced in using root cause analysis methods including the use of Method 1 and Pfizer Human Performance (PHP) tools.
- Master's degree plus 3+ years of experience in aseptic manufacturing/engineering preferably in a sterile manufacturing setting or Equivalent Lean Manufacturing / Six Sigma Certificate
- Job will include standing, walking and sitting.
- Warehouse environment, PPE needed
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Occasional weekend/evening support may be required to support continuous improvement activities.
- Occasional travel may be required for specific projects or training.
- Other Job Details:
- Last Date to Apply for Job: October 26, 2021
- Eligible for Relocation Package
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine ActPfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.EEO & Employment EligibilityPfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Continuous Imprv and Proj Mgmt#LI-PFE