Senior Scientist I, MSAT
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Sr. Scientist I
We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Scientist/Engineer to join our Commercial Manufacturing Support group in the BioProcess Development at AbbVie BioResearch Center based in Worcester, MA. As part of the BioProcess Development organization, our group leads the process technology transfer, optimization, validation, implementation, and continuous improvement for late-stage and commercial manufacturing of therapeutic proteins for AbbVie. We also provide technical support for manufacturing, GMP compliance, and regulatory filing. The candidate should have extensive experience and comprehensive knowledge in process development, characterization and validation. protein purification strategies to solve complex challenges across the AbbVie pipeline, including ADC. The candidate is expected to mentor and supervise junior level scientists and productively manage several projects simultaneously in a dynamic and rapidly evolving project landscape.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Lead team on the design, execution, and data-analysis for process development, characterization, optimization and validation
- Identify, evaluate, and develop innovative technologies within the field of downstream processing to improve product quality, and process efficiency and robustness
- Lead team on technology and process transfer to pilot scale and GMP plants of therapeutic proteins
- Solve technical issues and support GMP manufacturing of therapeutic proteins
- Participate in cross-functional teams to support CMC sections of regulatory filings
- Author technical reports and validation documents
- Interact with cross-functional groups (e.g. discovery, process development, protein analytics, manufacturing, quality, and regulatory)
- Author peer-reviewed articles and patents and present original work in conferences
- BS, MS, or PhD in Chemical or Biochemical Engineering, or related field with 10+ years (BS), 8+ years (MS), or 0+ years (PhD) of relevant pharmaceutical industry experience.
- Outstanding record of accomplishment in areas of purification bioprocess development, improvement, and validation.
- Experience in managing technical professionals is required
- Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to contribute in a multi-disciplinary environment are essential.
- Interacts well with diverse groups within function and maintains strong working relationships with internal, global, and external collaborators.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and capability to overcome complexed issues.
- Demonstrated success in coordinating and executing important projects to achieve business unit goals.
- Must have a “results-oriented” work ethic and a positive, “can-do” attitude with a strong sense of urgency and self-motivated desire to achieve.
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.