Associate Scientist II/Scientist, Analytical Development
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
AbbVie is searching for an experienced and highly motivated individual to fill an Associate Scientist II/Scientist I position in the New Modality Group of Protein Analytics Department at AbbVie Bioresearch Center in Worcester, MA. The Protein Analytics Department is responsible for qualification and execution of analytical methods and characterization studies to provide product and process understanding as well as analytical CMC management for development of AbbVie biopharmaceutical pipeline from discovery through commercial stages as well as life-cycle management. The successful candidate will focus on separation based analytical method development, qualification, and analysis for biological molecules, with special focus on non-monoclonal antibody biologics programs, e. g. Fc fusion proteins, bispecific and other recombinant proteins.
- Perform routine analytical tasks competently, independently, and generate reliable and consistent results.
- Analyze and critique results, noting significant deviations, then suggest, design, and pursue relevant experiments.
- Learn and understand new experimental techniques.
- Organize and document experiments and results in an electronic laboratory notebook.
- Demonstrate technical proficiency in the analytical separation area. Demonstrate skills in multiple techniques and appropriately modify protocols, as required, to suit the changing needs of research or development needs.
- Understand the goals and maintain a high proficiency in his/her projects as well as the overall program.
- Understand relevant scientific literature and apply theoretical framework to solving problems within scientific discipline.
- Independently design and conduct critical experiments that further project goals.
- Associate Scientist II: BS with 3+ years or MS with no experience, degreed within Biochemistry, Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Biophysics (or related discipline) in industry or academia.
- Scientist I: BS with typically 5+ years of experience, or MS Degree with typically 2+ years of experience.
- Technical and practical knowledge in separation based analytical method such as SEC, CEX, CE-SDS, and icIEF methods.
- Demonstrate ability to independently perform and optimize analytical methods/techniques to address critical project needs related to product quality.
- Demonstrate experimental design capabilities and strong data interpretation skills.
- Proficient with Windows 10 and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Excellent written and oral communication, organization, and multitasking skills.
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.