Scientist I.II, Conjugation Chemist
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
AbbVie has an opening for a Scientist I/II in Discovery to conduct pre-clinical research and development in the area of antibody drug conjugates (ADCs).Key Responsibilities Include
- Synthesis, purification and characterization of ADCs on mg to gram scale under minimal supervision.
- Optimization and validation of conjugation protocols and formulation buffers.
- Optimization of automated techniques for ADC synthesis and purification.
- B.S. degree with typically 5-7 years or M.S. degree with typically 2-5 years of experience in Analytical chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemistry or other relevant discipline.
- Knowledge and experience in laboratory scale protein purification, employing Hydrophobic Interaction Chromatography (HIC), Size Exclusion Chromatography (SEC), Ion-Exchange (IEX), mixed mode chromatography and affinity chromatography. Experience with GE AKTA FPLC and unicorn software preferred.
- Previous experience in the discovery and development of Antibody-Drug Conjugates, including hands-on experience with the conjugation and purification process is desired.
- Hand on experience in analytical techniques including HIC-HPLC, SEC, IEX, RP-HPLC, and capillary electrophoresis (e.g. reduced and non-reduced CE-SDS, icIEF).
This position requires an individual who is self-motivated, enthusiastic, hard-working, detail-oriented, with demonstrated problem solving skills who is able to work in a fast-paced team environment. High-quality written and oral communication skills and the ability to excel in a collaborative environment are essential.
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.