Senior Quality Control (QC) Specialist (Bioassay and Virology)
The work we do at FDB has never been more important—and we are looking for talented candidates to join us. We are growing our locations, our capabilities, and our teams, and looking for passionate, mission-driven people like you who want to make a real difference in people's lives. Join FDB and help manufacture the next vaccine, cure, or gene therapy in partnership with some of the most innovative biopharma companies across the globe. We are proud to cultivate a culture that will fuel your passion, energy and drive - what we call Genki.
We are looking for a Senior Quality Control (QC) Specialist (Bioassay and Virology), who wants to participate in our journey to establish the largest end-to-end cell culture CDMO facility in North America. But more importantly, someone who wants to be a part of the largest growth journey that we in FUJIFILM have ever entered.
We offer the possibility of joining our dedicated team focusing on ensuring QC mechanisms are established to measure method performance.
As the Senior QC Specialist (Bioassay and Virology), you will be delivering on laboratory layout, equipment selection, method development, and method transfer to ensure generation of precise and accuracy analytical data. The Senior QC Specialist (Bioassay and Virology) will demonstrate strong knowledge in cell-based potency assays, ELISA, real-time PCR, virus culture, and characterization.
You will join an organization focusing on growth, people, and a steep learning curve as well as a diverse workplace with people driven to make a difference.
- Design and develop the optimal QC Bioassay and Virology Laboratories
- Lead the QC Bioassay and Virology team in method establishment
- Ensure optimal quality inspections (internal and external)
- Ensure deliverables meet all quality and compliance standards
- Propose changes within work package
- Ensure delivery and implementation of solutions which fulfils requirements and expectations by the end users
We are looking for a candidate with the following background and skill sets:
- Master's or Bachelor's degree within Cell Biology, Immunology, Virology, or other relevant science field
- 8+ years experience from similar role in large Pharma/Biotech
- Experience in laboratory layout, equipment selection, and method development and transfer
- Strong Cell-based Bioassay/ELISA background and/or Immunology background
- Knowledge and hands-on experience in virus culture and characterization
- Must be a self-starter, be able to work with minimal supervision and effectively manage multiple projects
- Collaborative attitude with the willingness to work with global peers toward company and department goals.
- Well versed in cGMP/ICH/FDA/EU regulations and guidelines
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English
FDBU works with technical data, technology and materials that are subject to U.S. export laws and regulations. This position will require access to technical data, technology and source code that is controlled under U.S. export laws and regulations, including but not limited to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations at 22 C.F.R. Parts 120 – 130 and Export Administration Regulations in 15 C.F.R. Part 730 – 774, as may be amended. To conform to these laws and regulations, applicants must be U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., protected individuals as defined by 8 USC 1324(b)(a)(3) (i.e., asylees and refugees) or otherwise eligible for an export authorization from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce. Offers of employment will be contingent on the Company's ability to secure an export authorization.
FDBU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected class.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of FUJIFILM about this requisition. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at FUJIFILM via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of FUJIFILM, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by FUJIFILM for this requisition and a valid agreement with FUJIFILM is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the FUJIFILM agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.