Research Associate 2 – AAV Gene Therapy / Cardiac Cell Biology
BioMarin’s Research & Development group is responsible for everything from research and discovery to post-market clinical development. Research & Development involves all bench and clinical research and the associated groups that support those endeavors. Our teams work on developing first-in-class and best-in-class therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with rare diseases. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled individual to join our innovative and collaborative Cell Biology Group within Biology Research. The successful candidate will perform in vitro cell-based assays and provide biochemical assay support to early stage cardiac gene therapy programs within Research. Cell-based assays developed by the successful candidate will aid in identification and characterization of novel therapeutics for cardiac indications with high unmet need.
- Execute, optimize, and troubleshoot cell-based assays with minimal supervision.
- Experience with AAV-mediated gene expression in mammalian cells.
- Ability to prioritize tasks efficiently to deliver reliable results according to projected timelines, with minimal supervision.
- Thorough documentation of experimental methods, procedures, and results.
- Analyze, summarize, and interpret data to communicate experimental findings.
- Participate in scientific discussions within group as well as presentation of results in group meetings.
- Willingness to learn and accept new responsibilities.
- Must be able to work in a team environment, with a proven track record of collaboration.
- Proficient with culturing adherent mammalian cells, particularly iPS cardiomyocytes and/or immortalized cardiomyocytes.
- Protein analysis: SDS-PAGE, Western blotting, activity assays, ELISA.
- Fluorescent microscopy/immunostaining, familiarity with high content imaging is a plus.
- Proficiency with basic data analysis programs (Excel, GraphPad Prism, etc).
- High attention to detail and strong organizational/interpersonal skills.
Experience & Education
- Research Associate 2: Bachelor’s Degree with at least 4 years of experience or master’s degree with at least 2 years of experience
No direct reports associated with this position
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.