Sr. Scientist, Pharmacology
Position: Sr. Scientist I, Pharmacology
Reporting to: Staff Scientist, Pharmacology
Nitto BioPharma, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company focusing on discovery and development of novel RNA-based therapeutics for intractable diseases. Nitto BioPharma, Inc. is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Senior Scientist to join our oncology drug discovery research team. The successful candidate will be a critical team member primarily involved in executing pre-clinical molecular oncology studies to evaluate novel drug candidates and treatment modalities.
- Independently and effectively design, execute and interpret complex in vitro and in vivo experiments to validate drug products, screen for novel therapeutics and characterize the lead compounds under the leadership of the team leader.
- Perform bioassays including qRT-PCR, transfection, ELISA, Toxicity, Protein isolation and Western Blot, RNA extraction from cell/tissue samples, hybridization assay, Flow cytometry, and tissue dissociation techniques.
- Develop new translatable disease animal models, demonstrating proof of concept for novel therapeutic targets.
- Collaborate with other research groups to plan for and deliver high quality drug compounds to support in vitro/in vivo efficacy and safety studies.
- Prepare lysates from animal tissue for validation assays including efficacy, biodistribution, and toxicity.
- Maintain cancer cell lines and perform cell-based assays to assess novel compounds.
- Maintain accurate and timely records of experimental protocols, results, data analysis, and interpretation in laboratory notebooks.
- Deliver research progress to cross-functional project teams.
- Ph.D. or M.Sc. in Biology or biomedical sciences
- 3-5 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry performing in biotechnology within relevant scientific discipline
- Proficiency and hands-on experience in applying a wide range of cellular and molecular biological methods (siRNA, q-PCR, cloning, western blotting, cell culture, cell viability assays).
- Working experience on in vivo animal models, drug Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics evaluation is preferred.
- Has worked with multi-disciplinary teams to execute all aspects of biomarker and translational research relevant to an oncology program.
- Broad knowledge in drug discovery and hands-on technical expertise.
- Excellent written and communication skills, organizational skills and the ability to work independently and in a matrix team environment are essential.
- Able to troubleshoot and solve challenging problems.
- Ability to work well in collaborative fast-paced team environment.
Physical Job Requirements: Mandatory Covid-19 Vaccination Policy in effect.
Office/Lab environment. Lifting up to 20 pounds may be required. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use their hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone keypad or to write, as well as talk and hear. They are required to stand, walk or sit, reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus.
Disclaimer: This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential job duties; and nothing in this herein restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Company DescriptionNitto BioPharma, Inc. is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company located in San Diego focused on the discovery and development of novel RNA-based therapeutics for intractable diseases. Nitto BioPharma offers unique RNA drug and its delivery solutions by designing novel biodegradable drug delivery systems with the ability to target specific cells and efficiently deliver the cargo into the cells. Clinical assets include two Phase 2 clinical programs, a first-in-class drug for the treatment of liver fibrosis (with Bristol-Myers Squibb), and idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis, as well as a Phase 1 oncology program to treat non-small cell lung cancer.
Nitto BioPharma's mission is to develop and deliver innovative life-transforming therapies for patients with unmet medical needs. Leveraging the long-standing success and track record of Nitto Denko Corporation (Nitto), Nitto BioPharma has created a new and efficient business unit that allows pharmaceutical products to be brought to market at a fast pace. Our long-term vision and unparalleled, multi-disciplinary team of researchers from all over the globe make Nitto BioPharma a vibrant and exciting work environment.
Nitto BioPharma is a key asset of Nitto. Since its establishment in 1918, Nitto has created over 13,500 products based on its core technologies and has contributed to customers' value creation with innovative ideas. The core of Nitto's life science business consists of contract manufacturing and drug discovery.