Senior Human Resources Business Partner
Precision BioSciences is looking for a Senior Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) to support our growing organization. The Senior HRBP will act as a people advisor, working with all Precisioneers across the organization to lead performance and development initiatives along with employee relations matters. The Senior HRBP will work closely with the HR Team to evaluate, develop and implement HR strategies, programs and activities to support a high-performing organization.
**Please note, Precision BioSciences mandates COVID-19 vaccination of all employees. Accommodations may be made in accordance with applicable law.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. This list contains the major duties and requirements of the job and is not all-inclusive. Incumbent(s) may be expected to perform role-related duties other than those contained in this document.
- Establish trust, respect and credibility with all Precisioneers
- Work in conjunction with the HR team and business leaders to deliver effective HR strategies and operational solutions that drive business specific objectives, specifically in the following areas:
- Performance Management
- Lead the annual performance management process, including goal planning and performance reviews
- Utilize HRIS to launch and track progress on performance-related initiatives; triage employee issues with the system
- Review, approve and process promotions
- Launch 360 reviews for performance and development conversations
- Facilitate performance management-related training prior to key annual milestones; communicate timelines and expectations of all parties
- Contribute to compensation planning activities related to performance management, including year end merit and bonus
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job successfully.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 8+ years of relevant experience in progressive HR roles in a corporate setting
- Demonstrated experience in the following HR functional areas: performance management, talent development, leadership development, learning, employee relations
- Strong understanding of HR practices, policies and employment law
- Experience working with an HRIS system
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle complex situations with sound judgement and discretion
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships, credibility and confidence with a wide variety of employees and leaders
- Strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience in the biotech, pharmaceutical and/or life sciences industry
- Familiarity and comfort working in a small company and team environment where agility and collaboration are key
- A PHR, SPHR or other professional HR certification
- This is a primarily office-based position associated with the main headquarters in downtown Durham, NC. For the time being, this role will be able to function remotely in accordance with company safety guidelines throughout the duration of the pandemic but is subject to change as needed.
Precision BioSciences, Inc. (Nasdaq: DTIL), is a clinical stage biotechnology company dedicated to improving life (DTIL) with its novel and proprietary ARCUS® genome editing platform. This isn’t just a statement supporting the products that we’re developing – it’s a statement that speaks to our collective desire to do our part in improving the lives of those around us. ARCUS is a highly specific and versatile genome editing platform designed with therapeutic safety, delivery, and control in mind. Using ARCUS, Precision is developing allogeneic CAR T and in vivo gene correction therapies for cancer and genetic diseases. Our team includes pioneers in genome editing, leaders in business, and a full staff of talented and committed people who are excited to be a part of medical and scientific breakthroughs. For additional information, please visit www. precisionbiosciences.com
Precision BioSciences actively fosters an inclusive environment to ensure we attract and retain the best talent; we value diversity of life experiences and perspectives; and we encourage innovation in pursuit of our mission. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Precision BioSciences complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.