Senior Program Manager
Precision Biosciences is seeking a Senior Program Manager for a multi-faceted program management role to coordinate and influence cell and gene therapy programs from research to early and pivotal clinical trials. The Senior Program Manager will have significant responsibility for working in collaboration with Precision partners. The role works with both internal teams to develop and implement R&D programs and in collaboration with external partners and CROs. The Senior Program Manager will be the focal point for team communications including meeting organization and follow-up and will facilitate the use of program management tools throughout company. Key aspects of this role will be to support programs during the transition from research to development and to drive overall program activities including developing and tracking of program timelines, budget, and risks.
This position will report to the Head of Portfolio and Program Management.
**Please note, Precision BioSciences mandates COVID-19 vaccination of all employees. Accommodations may be made in accordance with applicable law.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. This list contains the major duties and requirements of the job and is not all-inclusive. Incumbent(s) may be expected to perform role-related duties other than those contained in this document.
- Collaborate with Research or Development Program Leaders to integrate, document and communicate program plans, track progress and re-forecast in conjunction with the team
- Represent Precision BioSciences with partners, potential partners and CROs, which are associated with individual programs and partner portfolios
- Ensure partner information-sharing and meeting management enhance the health of the collaboration
- Manage individual and portfolio program timelines, deliverables, metrics and budget
- Organize team meetings including agendas, pre-work, minutes, action items and overall program correspondence
- Assist with execution of project plans within a team environment with decision stage gates
- Interface with Finance to coordinate and improve accuracy of budgeting, accounting and forecasting for program-related activities
- Assist Research and Development Program Leaders in preparing slide decks and information for ongoing joint partner meetings, program team meetings, updates and reviews, board meetings, scientific presentations and other appropriate meetings that involve progression through the key decision points of a program
- Strive to identify and resolve issues arising across the portfolio of programs and between Precision BioSciences and our business partners
- Be a champion of change, support company decisions, and help teams to understand factors and priorities leading to decisions
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job successfully.
- Advanced degree (Ph.D., MS, MBA or equivalent) with 7+ years of experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years’ experience in scientific project leadership or project management in the biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry
- PMP Certification
- Ability and experience to work collaboratively with partners and CROs
- Knowledge of the drug development process; strong understanding of technical, business, and regulatory issues
- Strong knowledge of MS Office and MS Teams
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a matrix environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication, negotiation, team building, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Established ability to work independently, prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and demonstrated ability to identify and resolve issues
- Strong initiative and a can-do attitude, excellent organizational skills, proven effectiveness in a quick-changing, fast-paced environment, excellent people skills, and a proven record as a team player
- The position may require limited travel (5-10%).
- This is a primarily office-based position associated with the main headquarters in downtown Durham, NC. For the time being, this role will be able to function remotely in accordance with company safety guidelines throughout the duration of the pandemic but is subject to change as needed.
Precision BioSciences, Inc. (Nasdaq: DTIL), is a clinical stage biotechnology company dedicated to improving life (DTIL) with its novel and proprietary ARCUS® genome editing platform. This isn’t just a statement supporting the products that we’re developing – it’s a statement that speaks to our collective desire to do our part in improving the lives of those around us. ARCUS is a highly specific and versatile genome editing platform designed with therapeutic safety, delivery, and control in mind. Using ARCUS, Precision is developing allogeneic CAR T and in vivo gene correction therapies for cancer and genetic diseases. Our team includes pioneers in genome editing, leaders in business, and a full staff of talented and committed people who are excited to be a part of medical and scientific breakthroughs. For additional information, please visit www. precisionbiosciences.com
Precision BioSciences actively fosters an inclusive environment to ensure we attract and retain the best talent; we value diversity of life experiences and perspectives; and we encourage innovation in pursuit of our mission. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Precision BioSciences complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.