Research Associate I or II, In Vivo Models
The Research Associate I or II works within the Research Operations group to support both Animal Studies and Histology teams. The Research Associate I/II assists with cell and gene therapy projects that utilize the proprietary ARCUS genome editing platform.
**Please note, Precision BioSciences mandates COVID-19 vaccination of all employees. Accommodations may be made in accordance with applicable law.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. This list contains the major duties and requirements of the job and is not all-inclusive. Incumbent(s) may be expected to perform role-related duties other than those contained in this document.
- Handling, observation, and identification (ear tagging or notching) of rodents, as well as colony management and biopsy of tissues for genotyping analysis
- Perform sperm and embryo cryopreservation as needed to archive mouse colonies
- Perform routine preparation/monitoring of laboratory materials, maintain equipment and order supplies
- Contribute to laboratory cleaning and sanitization.
- Perform euthanasia, as necessary
- Assist as needed with necropsies to isolate tissues for histological analysis
- Prepare tissue sections for histological examination
- Maintain laboratory equipment and record all routine maintenance and quality control actions
- Dispose of hazardous chemical wastes per regulatory guidelines
- Other duties related to team and job functions as requested by manager
- In addition to regular work hours, this position will require some weekend coverage, approximately once per month
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job successfully.
- Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to independently analyze, comprehend and interpret findings from scientific journals and presentations to help address project goals
- Ability to work with hazardous chemicals and knowledge of safety requirements to provide instructions and recognize and correct hazardous conditions
- Collaborative attitude and desire and ability to learn new techniques
- Comfortable with animal handling and restraint measures
- Ability to identify and resolve problems as well as communicate clearly and concisely
- Ability to work successfully both independently and in a collaborative environment
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- 2+ years of relevant animal experience
- Experience with histology techniques and principles
- Experience with rodent necropsy techniques
- This position will involve travel between the main headquarters in downtown Durham and Vivarium facilities in RTP.
- This is a primarily office-based position associated with the main headquarters in Durham, NC. This position will spend approximately 50% of time at the vivarium facilities in RTP.
Precision BioSciences, Inc. (Nasdaq: DTIL), is a clinical stage biotechnology company dedicated to improving life (DTIL) with its novel and proprietary ARCUS® genome editing platform. This isn’t just a statement supporting the products that we’re developing – it’s a statement that speaks to our collective desire to do our part in improving the lives of those around us. ARCUS is a highly specific and versatile genome editing platform designed with therapeutic safety, delivery, and control in mind. Using ARCUS, Precision is developing allogeneic CAR T and in vivo gene correction therapies for cancer and genetic diseases. Our team includes pioneers in genome editing, leaders in business, and a full staff of talented and committed people who are excited to be a part of medical and scientific breakthroughs. For additional information, please visit www. precisionbiosciences.com
Precision BioSciences actively fosters an inclusive environment to ensure we attract and retain the best talent; we value diversity of life experiences and perspectives; and we encourage innovation in pursuit of our mission. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Precision BioSciences complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.