Supervisor, HVAC and General Maintenance
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
The General Maintenance / HVAC Supervisor provides oversight of the craftworkers and ensure appropriate execution of maintenance work in these areas. Assist Manager and Planner with evaluating, prioritizing, and scheduling work for the team; and provide technical support and team coordination for, Engineering projects, and site initiatives. Perform and participates in: Deviations, CAPA, Change Control, SOP revisions, and manages small CapEx projects. Ensures cGMP, GDP, Safety, and code compliance, and responsible for ensuring EPA refrigerant documentation and compliance.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Responsible for overseeing all day-to-day activities within the functional areas, including performance management
• Responsible for making daily adjustments to the planned work schedule, including reassigning tasks as necessary due to emergency to high priority unplanned Work Orders
• Responsible for all personnel issues (PTO, overtime, IPMPs, discipline, reward, team/personnel development) within the functional area
• Execute preventive and corrective work orders when emergency work or scheduling conflicts dictate
• Provide technical support for engineering projects within their functional area
• Perform the following functions:
• Deviations: initiate, investigate root cause, assess impact, and implement durable corrective and preventive actions to prevent future deviating events with the same root cause
• CAPA System: utilize this Quality system to identify and implement continuous improvement corrective and preventive actions for system level improvements
• Change Control System: identify and initiate changes through collaborative efforts with Quality Assurance and various departments in response to deviations, CAPAs, and departmental continuous improvement projects
• Procedure Revisions: create new procedures and revise existing procedures including Preventive Maintenance, Calibration, and Biennial reviews of existing procedures
• CapEx (capital expenditure): identify, provide quotes, and present projects to management which are capital improvements
• Participate in special projects as assigned by management
• Will maintain a current and detailed knowledge of cGMP
• Responsible for all department documentation within the functional area (Work Orders, PMs, LUMACs, training documents, Tag outs etc.).
• Provide assistance with failure investigations and help produce corrective and preventive actions for deviations and equipment failures
• Track, document, and report as required all refrigerant loss, usage, and recovery in accordance with EPA regulations
• Recommend equipment repairs or replacement as required
• Seek ways to increase operational efficiency within the functional area
• Responsible for functional areas during annual shutdowns (Identify jobs as internal or external, gather quotes from contractors, submit PR’s, execute job according to the plan).
• Responsible for assuring that all areas of campus (inside and outside) are kept clean and are tour ready every day.
• Maintaining proper spending levels on their company provided Purchase Card.
• Trains, mentors and provides technical support or other resources to subordinates as required to support operations.
• Responsible for overseeing Emergent’s lawn care service.
• First level of oversight of (Clean Team) the company’s contracted cleaning (Responsible for cleaning issues, paperwork, Quarterly Reviews).
• Snow removal
• issuing permits (hot work, confined space, crane lifts, )
• vendor contracts and renewals, Ensuring Vendor indoctrinations
• new equipment documentation creation
The above statements are intended to describe the nature of work performed by those in this job and are not an exhaustive list of all duties. Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time which reflects management’s assignment of essential functions.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
• HS Diploma/GED. Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• 5 years of general maintenance experience required
• Prior cGMP experience is strongly preferred
• Prior experience with SAP preferred. Proficiency in Word, and Excel. Excellent organization and communication skills. Project management skills are essential
• Must have the ability to multi-task and coordinate workload by priority
• Must be customer service and quality driven
• 5 years of experience in the HVAC/R field and licensed in HVAC/R
• Working knowledge of the following maintenance functions:
• General Mechanical Troubleshooting/Repairs
• Boiler Operations/Steam Distribution
• Considered the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for respective area
• Must be available after hours to assist workers when situations arise concerning equipment and solutions to ensure that production is not curtailed
• Must comply with all applicable rules and regulations of Emergent and the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. This includes FDA regulations such as cGMP, GDP, EH&S regulations, and company regulations such as the employee handbook
• Previous experience working with a Planning and Scheduling group and Reliability / Predictive maintenance knowledge / experience are a plus; (Air Balance, HEPA...BSC Cert, BSL, VHP)
Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Individuals with qualifying medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that may prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.