Senior Research Associate
Pacific Biosciences is seeking a Senior Research Associate to work within a dynamic interdisciplinary team to help us develop and characterize our single molecule DNA sequencing system. The successful candidate must possess a strong molecular biology background and DNA sequencing experience . Duties will include primarily lab work, along with data analysis. Lab functions will include DNA library preparation cDNA library preparation, Single Cell library preparation, sequencing and optimization of libraries, and report/data analysis generation. The successful candidate will be involved with experimental design and implementation with limited supervision. This individual will closely interface with other members of the group for data creation, analysis and communication.
- BS in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Biology or other related field.
- 2+ years of biotechnology industry experience desired.
- Experience in Next Generation DNA template preparation procedures.
- Technical proficiency in general laboratory practices, particularly expertise in PCR, cloning techniques, and running of DNA sequencing instruments.
- Strong organizational and documentation skills.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
- Effective communication (written/verbal) and ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team are critical.
- Self-starter who can operate with minimal supervision.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.