Sr. Associate Scientist - Clinical Biomarkers
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Sr. Associate Scientist - Clinical Biomarkers
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. The Department of Clinical Biomarkers & Diagnostics at Amgen in South San Francisco is seeking a highly motivated Sr. Associate Scientist. In this vital role, this individual will perform clinical biomarker assays, employing a variety of platforms to support our drug development efforts.
- Will be an integral member of a dynamic group of scientists and platform experts.
- Collaborate with scientists representing multiple therapeutic areas, and work closely with groups in other functional areas.
- The successful candidate will employ a wide variety of immunoassay platforms including ELISA, Mesoscale Discovery (MSD), Quanterix (SiMoA), Protein Simple (Ella) and immunoblotting and in vitro functional assays including enzyme activity assays in our biomarker laboratory to develop and qualify biomarker assays to support various clinical programs.
- Proficiency in multi-parametric flow cytometry and genomic assays is a plus.
- Specific responsibilities associated with the job include independent thinking, choosing the appropriate platform, handling clinical samples, planning and performing laboratory experiments
- Document experimental protocols and results, analyze and interpret data, present results to partners, and work with internal and external partners.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The Scientific professional we seek is highly motivated with these qualifications.
- Masters degree and 3 years of relevant scientific experience OR
- Bachelors degree and 5 years of relevant scientific experience
- Masters degree with 3+ years of experience in biomarker assay development and qualification
- A strong background in immunoassay platforms including ELISA, Mesoscale Discovery (MSD), Quanterix (SiMoA), Protein Simple (Ella) and immunoblotting
- A strong background in in vitro functional assays such as enzyme activity assays
- Experience with multi-parametric flow cytometry and genomic assays
- Strong abilities in handling various biological specimens; experience with mammalian cell culture techniques including isolation and culture of primary immune cells
- Demonstrated track record of critical independent thinking and troubleshooting
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple studies, strong verbal and written communication skills and high degree of motivation, creativity and collaboration
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.Amgen will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.Amgen requires all staff in the United States and Puerto Rico to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.