Scientist - Human Tissue Science Center (Open to Remote)
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Scientist - Human Tissue Science Center (Open to Remote)Live
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world.
Amgen is seeking a highly motivated Scientist to join the Human Tissue Science Center (HTSC), within the Department of Clinical Biomarkers and Diagnostics (CBD). Reporting to the HTSC Lead, the Scientist will develop study specification protocols to prospectively collect high quality human tissue specimens and associated clinical data for specific portfolio related questions on target expression and biomarker assay development. This role will collaborate with teams and manage studies across the global Amgen R&D organization. The successful candidate will have experience with study design, biospecimen collection, handling, storage, clinical data management, standards of care, informed consent, compliance regulations, and working with cross functional teams.
- Independently design, execute, and manage complex human tissue strategies in collaboration with Amgen teams, external vendors, and CROs
- Provide expert, project-specific guidance to scientific staff and teams
- Understand and ensure compliance with regulations related to human subject research, specimen collection, and data management
- Review clinical data and highlight any quality concerns with specimens or associated human clinical data; resolve with CRO and management as needed
- Author and review SOPs, project specific protocols, case report forms (CRFs), and biospecimen collection procedures
- Serve as a point of contact for stakeholders to provide direction, facilitate support, and deliver technical expertise
- Proactive, ongoing review of current CRO network and identification of new potential CROs
- Analyze problems and ensure that improvements are implemented
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients.
Masters degree and 5 years directly related scientific experience.
Bachelors degree and 8 years directly related scientific experience
Associate degree and 10 years directly related scientific experiencePreferred Qualifications
- Degree in allied health, biological, or life sciences
- Demonstrated experience in management of human tissue studies / biospecimen management
- Ability to think critically, proactively anticipate problems and propose solutions; be results oriented
- Ability to work effectively/collaboratively across teams, levels of management, across partnerships, leverage contact network to motivate diverse teams, and enable cross-functional collaborations
- Familiarity with medical and scientific terminology
- Clinical trial management experience
- Possess initiative, independence, flexibility, willingness to learn, ability to embrace challenges, and a strong commitment to quality
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Detail oriented, proactive, ability to work independently and in teams
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, Sharepoint, and document management applications
- Familiarity with databases and data analysis software (StarLIMS, Access, Smartsheet, Visio, Tableau, etc.)
- Strong organizational, time, and project management skills; ability to prioritize, plan and facilitate meetings, identify and track progress on action items
- Previous knowledge or experience in a histology/pathology/laboratory environment; clinical lab experience
- Familiarity with QA/QC/GxP/CAP/CLIA regulations
Location - Remote, or Thousand Oaks, CA, or South San Francisco, CAThrive
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.Amgen will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.Amgen requires all staff in the United States and Puerto Rico to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.