Manager, Portfolio Analytics & Strategy
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science and engineering to radically improve the lives of patients and industrialize drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You’ll Make
- Build compelling strategic paths & hone in on key assumptions for programs. Use KOL interviews, literature, competitive intelligence, industry databases and other sources to support assumptions, and help teams craft development and commercial strategies.
- Collaborate across diverse teams within the company to refine the strategic path and mature target product profiles for late stage assets. Collaborate with scientists from our Disease Biology and Inference groups as well as clinical experts from Development, Project Management, Business Development, and more.
- Quantify business opportunities by building and maintaining financial models for Recursion’s large and growing pipeline of novel therapeutics across a diverse set of therapeutic areas. Interpret, contextualize and action insights derived from financial modeling and research.
- Monitor company-level performance statistics and translating performance into actionable strategies for improvement and growth.
- Think broadly & strategically as part of the Portfolio Analytics and Strategy Group. Participate in strategic thinking about pipeline program prioritization, partnerships, licensing, and our overall business model.
- Learn and grow within a newly public company with ambitious goals whether entering as an Associate or Manager.
The Team You’ll Join
You will be an essential member of the Portfolio Analytics and Strategy Group reporting to the CFO. The members of the Portfolio Analytics & Strategy Group have diverse backgrounds in finance, technology, science, investing and consulting. The team interacts regularly with C-suite executives and across a varied set of colleagues across the organization, including Clinical Development, Business Development, Disease Biology, Finance and more. As part of the team, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the direction of Recursion’s therapeutic pipeline and lead novel strategic endeavours with exposure across all levels of the company and potentially externally. You’ll be responsible for assisting teams in elaborating and refining their commercial plan and helping quantify potential value. You’ll be asked to look for opportunities to maximize opportunity for individual programs, and to think strategically about the overall composition of our portfolio. You’ll gain exposure to all stages and aspects of the drug development process, from project conception through clinical development. You’ll report to the Director, Portfolio Analytics and Strategy.
The Experience You’ll Need
- Associate: BA/BS in biology, chemistry or other related field plus 1-2 years of experience in strategy consulting, equity research, investment banking, venture capital, business development, or other strategic or forecasting-focused roles within the biotech / pharmaceutical industry
- Manager: Biology, chemistry or related PhD, MD or PharmD plus 1-2 years of experience in strategy consulting, equity research, investment banking, venture capital, business development, or other strategic or forecasting-focused roles within the biotech / pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience building financial models (DCF/NPV) across multiple disease domains is a must.
- Ability to independently research and suggest commercial positioning within an indication, size the market markets and survey a competitive landscape through KOL interviews, database use, primary literature and other avenues.
- Ability to synthesize research on commercial opportunities across a range of disease areas at a variety of stages of development from early discovery to clinical trials.
- A passion for Recursion’s mission to decode biology to radically improve lives
- Ability to work, influence, and gain consensus across multi-functional teams
- Self-motivated, self-starter, ‘go-get-em’ personality
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy as a Full-Time Recursionaut:
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option and restricted stock unit (RSUs) programs
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility** (Salt Lake City)
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute**
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars** (Salt Lake City)
- Monthly fitness/wellness stipend
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking** (Salt Lake City)
**United States based employees
More About Us
Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.