Senior Scientist, Medicinal Chemistry
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science and engineering to radically improve the lives of patients and industrialize drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You’ll Make
- Build - In partnership with biologists, data scientists and others you will build projects across therapeutic models designed to translate phenotypic screening hits to preclinical assets with quality and speed.
- Lead - As our company continues to grow, you will be part of a nimble, highly efficient chemistry team. You will lead cross-functional medicinal chemistry efforts.
- Collaborate - Work in a cross-functional matrix organization with biologists, chemists, data scientists, and engineers with a passion for drug discovery.
- Communicate - Independently prepare impactful presentations for senior leaders and partners to allow for informed data-based decision making.
- Achieve - Understand the critical path and provide high-quality results.
The Team You’ll Join
Reporting to our Director of Chemistry as a Senior Scientist, you will be a leader within the discovery organization partnering with others to build and advance the portfolio of preclinical small molecule NCE and repurposed assets. You will use your depth and breadth of understanding of medicinal chemistry to help build efficient operating plans to capitalize on Recursion’s AI-enabled high throughput phenotypic screening platform. You will work in a highly matrixed organization to advance molecules from hit identification to lead series and ultimately to candidate status. Your skills will be of high value as you work cross functionally internally, with external stakeholders and contract chemistry FTEs.
The Experience You’ll Need
- PhD in synthetic organic/medicinal chemistry with 5+ years drug discovery experience or MS with 8+ years experience.
- Strong record of productivity as demonstrated by publications/patents.
- Expertise in synthetic organic chemistry (experience working with CROs a plus).
- Chemistry team leadership experience advancing hits to leads and candidate status.
- An understanding of drug design principles, DMPK, tox, etc.
- Experience mentoring other chemists.
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy as a Full-Time Recursionaut:
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option and restricted stock unit (RSUs) programs
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility** (Salt Lake City)
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute**
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars** (Salt Lake City)
- Monthly fitness/wellness stipend
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking** (Salt Lake City)
**United States based employees
More About Us
Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.